RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Yay for Humanity!!! And really very happy for you!

3 Likes

Awesome! So glad you got to ride! And no downtime during your window leads me to believe that 126 was the highest BG issued so they were just done for the day when they stopped. That would make sense if you got BG 119 and they shut down MDE issuance within 10 minutes of that.

2 Likes

There is something strange going on with Backup Boarding Groups (BBG). I am sure it will eventually make sense.

• Today I calculated that the regular boarding groups (BG) were being reserved at a rate of 187.06 BG/hr. It took approximately 34 minutes to reserve all 106 BG.
  • Today I calculated that the BBG were being reserved at a rate of 14.12 BBG/hr. It took approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes to reserve all 20 of them.
  • Yesterday BG rate was 105.25 BG/hr.
  • Yesterday BBG rate was 14.06 BBG/hr

There is a HUGE discrepancy in the reservation rate for BBG. Here are some thoughts on why this might be:

• People see 'Backup" and decide not to reserve.
  • The number of people per BBG is larger.? This one does not make sense, because you can see the rate for calling BBG is quicker than normal BG.
  • Disney may be allowing more BBG reservations than we are seeing and only calling back a percentage of them. (This can be confirmed if we find someone who got a BBG larger than 126 today).

Looking for inputs on how to crack this puzzle.

1 Like

Kenny the Pirate just posted this information on Facebook, so he must have been one of those who got this communication.

1 Like

It’s on the Disney Parks blog - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/12/virtual-queue-at-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance-opens-with-advertised-park-hours/

3 Likes

I received an oddly phrased push notification while at Fort Wilderness tonight. The phrasing made me think they’d changed the entire pro exude but a few minutes frantically searching my more reliable sources set me straight. DS1 and I are rope dropping in the morning. I’m actually hoping for a not so low number as I’d rather ride it after taking a nap but I know that is severely pushing my luck.

1 Like

Well you heard it here first, folks! :joy: Thanks to my anonymous tipster. :wave:

2 Likes

As you’ve probably figured, the speed of initial BG’s reservation rate may appear to be accelerating, but that’s only because there are more people in the park now when the VQ opens. If you just consider the time from when tapstiles open to the time that the initial BG distribution is complete, it has been averaging about 60 mins, including with today’s changes.

It looks like the BBG rate was the same both days. Since guests cannot book both a initial AND backup BG, that rate should follow the typical park ingress of guests as they arrive (once the initial BG fills). I also wonder if Disney may allow those BBG’s to be larger than the initial ones, as the rate of guests that actually accept the BBG and enter the line declines as the night gets later.

1 Like

Yay! @stlouie. Been praying for you! Hope you loved SD@AP!!!

2 Likes

What was your oddly phrased push?

1 Like

if Disney was smart, they would assign boarding groups to people automatically for their stay in a Disney hotel. They would make a killing filling rooms!
anyways,
This info has been great. Its still going to be interesting trying to navigate this with a little kid, but hoping the kinks will be worked out by the time I go

2 Likes

As someone who stays off-site, I actually agree. I think Disney should have only assigned BGs to onsite guests for the initial opening. If I choose to stay off site, I choose to skip RotR then.

1 Like

That’s effectively what will happen when the ride has FP+ enabled. They want to give everyone a chance to ride now before that happens, it appears.

2 Likes

How though? How would they know which day you had an ADR for AK etc. Their IT is horrible. That would have been a nightmare.

2 Likes

They sent a push notification today that they would be continuing today’s BG practices.

2 Likes

Is someone at Disney reading this forum? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

If they have infiltrated and are reading this forum, everything at Disney will reach its maximum potential shortly. Excellent.

10 Likes

but you don’t know now either. you can get into a boarding group the same time you have a reservation or fast pass now. Say for example, they assign you a 2 hr window at either your 60 or 180 day mark. Then you can plan your stay around that, and no stress- Adjust your ADRs, FP plans etc.
It gives Disney a chance to book all their rooms as an incentive. Cost wise its a win and its a win for people staying in the bubble. They would have to figure out how to handle non-bubble guests though…

That is the FP+ program. We’ll see it come back at some point in the coming months.

Thank you for praying! Despite the lost phone, we really had a good day.

Storybook Dining was delicious and plentiful. We have leftover prime rib. We had to roll ourselves out of the restaurant. The characters were great.

Because we knew we would need to stand in lines, we packed lunch meat and cheese rolls to eat in line. Saved us ordering time.

1 Like