RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

CSR Lyft pick up at 5:15 AM. Arrive at HS at 5:30 AM. Through bag check at 5:35 AM. In line behind approx 60 feet behind ticket windows. CM coming around saying the virtual queue will open at 7 AM but we may get into park earlier than that. I don’t remember if they’ve said that or not on other days.

2 Likes

My DH is there now too and says everyone is super angry. He went through security at 5:15. Taps opened at 6:32 I think, he was through taps at 6 38. Now they are holding them by Chinese theater like a regular rope drop. And boarding groups not open. And it’s raining :grimacing:

1 Like

While he was waiting in line he did hear the announcement about virtual queue opening at 7. But I think everyone thought that that’s what they always say. Everyone was trying as they tapped in and nothing was working for anyone.

1 Like

Sounds like Disney may be taking counter measures at the push from folks to constantly arrive earlier and earlier, no matter what they do. This change (if it is intentional) would signal that Disney isn’t going to give any advantage to those who show up at 5:30 versus 6:45, which might reduce the flow of crowds arriving so early.

7 Likes

Yeah that’s exactly what we were thinking. It just stinks for all the people that got there early today and got in line first and have no advantage over somebody that walked in right at seven. DH was able to get BG 9 by refreshing and continually hitting the button right at 7:00. But there are people around him frustrated that couldn’t get in.

3 Likes

As someone going with 6am opening, I’m ok with that. Too bad it’s not EMH for onsite guest advantage.

2 Likes

Tapped through at 6:45. Opened at 6:30. Announcement over speakers says virtual queue opens at 7 aM. I cannot get in. Lots of people saying same.7 AM exactly Virtual queue opened. I got BG 12. They held us at ropes on Sunset Blvd until 6:56. All BG gone by 7:35 AM and a frame sign is out. Lots of angry folks. The line for MFSR is HUGE! 7:45 BG 12 called and entered queue. Completed ride at 8:15.

2 Likes

We got into our rideshare at CSR just past 6. Through bag check 6:20 and we were about 3/4 of the way back. They played the “opening soon” announcement at 6:30 and taps opened just after. Through at 6:45, joined the pack at the Chinese Theater, refreshed like mad. At 6:59 the refresh wheel spun and spun and we thought it would actually load something. After a couple of minutes we kept one phone on refresh and restarted the app on the other phone. Got through on the restarted app about 7:02. BG 24.

Walked onto TSMM, SDD up to 70min by the time we got out. MFSR listed at 80min as soon as park opened.

It’s wet.

2 Likes

Just pretend it’s the world’s largest water ride.

1 Like

Today does NOT sound magical…

I don’t want to go digging around TP right now… does anyone know what today’s CL predication is compared to the past week? Are we starting to see Christmas crowds?

1 Like

I agree. I’m sorry. I’m all about rewarding the early bird and it sounds like that didn’t help today. I hope the day ends up wonderful just the same.

1 Like

Predicted to be a 5 today at HS, although actual crowd levels have been running below expected levels overall since ROTR opened.

1 Like

Thanks.
I hope the RDers have a great day in the end.

2 Likes

Especially when your DH says he’s sure there is better food somewhere so you get out of the lunchbox lineup only to learn that you were right and there’s no food down by RnRC so you waste all kinds of time walking back and forth. He’s currently doing penance in the starbucks lineup while I eat ronto wraps with the kids and wait for my coffee delivery.

4 Likes

It’s really getting frustrating that Disney keeps failing to communicate with their guests.

3 Likes

Ugh
I feel like food is sparse on the side of the park

1 Like

My coffee arrived. That helps. It’s time for our BG, so I’m off!

4 Likes

I’m definitely ok with waiting until park open for boarding passes, as I said earlier in this thread. Doing it randomly was just going to promote people showing up earlier and earlier. I hope they still have boarding passes in May. If they do it right, it sounds like it works.

2 Likes

If they continued down the path of having to arrive at like 3:00 in the morning (slight hyperbole there), I would like it if they abandoned the BGs…but if they change it like they did today, it might make it more manageable/do-able.

I’ve also been wondering what the opening of ROTR on the west coast will ultimately do to the massive crowds for ROTR at HS…I’m wondering if it will ease up the demand.

1 Like

I like waiting til 7:00 to open the BGs but wish Disney would give everyone a heads up.

3 Likes