RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

How early do the buses start running to HS?

They finally overcame the setback caused by that extended downtime and hit BG 120. It was a valiant effort, but the park is closing in 25 minutes so I think they are done calling BGs and will not call any of the “backup” groups (121+). Darn.

1 Like

would have been nice to know how the backup BG would have worked today. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

1 Like

I am going to make a guess at the number of BG. I am thinking they showed their hand on 12/5 when they handed out 160 BG. I am thinking that is the full capacity number for a 6:30am - 10pm day. Their target looks like they want to do approximately 10 BG per hour on any given day. This will only happen once they get rid of the delays.

Further things can be derived if we make the above assumption. We can then say if full capacity of the ride is 1700 guests per hour and 10 BG per hour, then we can say BG size is around 170 people per BG.

12/14 was the closest day so far to that throughput. They were just shy of 10 BG per hour.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing how things will normalize after the holiday madness. We are going to HS on Jan 29. I’ve booked all the activities (Oga’s, Droid, Lightsaber for my bro) in the morning. For boarding group i would want before 1 pm or after 4 pm so we can take an afternoon break as we plan on doing the Star Wars Dessert Party. So we would need to be on the ride no later than 5:30 pm based on how long people have said it takes.

1 Like

I think that’s a fair guess. I think the groups are smaller - closer to 100-150 - because they have occasionally called up to 15 BGs an hour and also because I don’t think they would have tried to fill all possible capacity on opening day. I don’t think they were that optimistic. But maybe! I hope the TP team can get on the ground sometime and measure actual throughput. Best measure would probably be number of people exiting the ride per x period of time or something.

1 Like

We are in line, even though we woke up at 4:00 it took us a while to leave the resort. We arrived at the queue just before 5:00:

4 Likes

I keep telling everyone, “No on-ride photos.” But does @sanstitre_has_left_the_building listen? Nope. He thinks it is all fun and games…until he brings down the Resistance single-handedly! :wink:

5 Likes

6:45 they just opened!

3 Likes

We got our BG at 6:55

6 Likes

Fewer regular BG’s today. Backup BG start at 107, yesterday was 121. Probably has to do with the long down time yesterday.

1 Like

I wonder if they honor yesterday’s backup boarding groups, either officially or unofficially (i.e. if someone complains).

I am guessing that they also want to test out the Back BG algorithm. Therefore, release less normal BG and see of the Backup BG program works later in the day.

1 Like

We’re going 12/27. HS starts 6am posted opening on the 26th. Looks like we can expect early opening 5:20-5:30.
(Thanks for this thread, @Jeff_AZ !)

What is the Liner thought on time to arrive?

• BG timing is not critical but would prefer to be done by late afternoon.
  • Would like to have some padding in our BG # to make sure we can work around any ride closures to get on the ride that day.
2 Likes

I’ll be trying again in an hour or so. I have a paper FPP from being unloaded yesterday. They told us it would be good for today.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Liners on chat say they are planning to arrive at 4:30am. Seems like 1.5 hours prior to opening is the conventional wisdom. Personally, I think that’s too early. I still wouldn’t arrive before 5am, and you still will probably get a morning BG. I just don’t think there are many people willing to get up that early on vacation.

But you’ll have to weigh the risks yourself. The chance that all BGs will be gone if you arrive at 5am are extremely slim - but if something insane happens, maybe you get afternoon. Two days after Christmas could be pretty darn insane, if ever it was going to be.

2 Likes

Just arrived DHS. Word is that ROTR is down.

Day 13 Timeline 12/17/19
Link to OP

4:55am @tritigger arrives at HS parking lot; @bowling_gma boards ASMo bus
5:00am @jfrelack through security; @qbacreative arrives at queue
5:03am @MamaOdie arrives at HS parking lot
5:07am MamaOdie through security
5:11am Bowling_Gma through security
5:23am tritigger through security (12 back at tapstiles)
5:32am @Baemax through security
6:43am Park opens
6:44am Jfrelack through tapstiles - BG 6
6:49am MamaOdie through tapstiles - BG 15
6:50am Bowling_Gma through tapstiles - BG 16
6:52am Baemax through tapstiles - BG 23
6:55am @qbacreative and @Book_girl through tapstiles - BG 17 / 23
7:00am Published park opening
7:44am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs (107+)
8:47am MDE stops issuing BGs
12:00pm Ride down
2:00pm Ride back up

Note: Red line is 12/17/19

1 Like

Up again.

2 Likes

But not through yet.