RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

I did not do the tasting meal, but I can see it taking quite a while

1 Like

Can someone assess the following plan / answer my questions, please?

I just booked an 8.40am PPO breakfast at H&V. Park opening is currently 9am.

1. What time should I arrive at HS? How early will they let me in?
  2. I’m staying at Pop. Will the Skyliner be running that early?

The idea is: get to HS at 8am (?) tap in, grab BG reservation, hang-out. Try to bump-and-run H&V breakfast. Skyliner to Riviera for my real breakfast at 10.30am. Back to HS by noon. Willing to wait to get on ride until 4pm.

The “trick” will be to get a BG with a window that opens some time between about 10am and 3pm. You need to arrive within two hours, so a 10am window would just give me chance to get my breakfast and come back. Anything later should be OK. But not too late. I have MVMCP and other plans later on.

I think you can see the estimated boarding times in the app? Or is it just the current groups called for boarding you can see?

I would arrive for 0800 and I think you’d be let in then, or soon after. I wouldn’t count on much before

Skyliner has been starting at 0630 so I’m sure it will be fine. If not, you know what to do (Lyft)

1 Like

This is very helpful for planning what to expect if these Boarding Groups continue for a while. Thanks for taking the time to summarize everyone’s experiences!

2 Likes

Hi Jacques! Give your human a hug for me!

1 Like

Is there a special line for PPOs? Oh. Duh. I guess there must be if the park isn’t open.

Yes. It will be clearly marked like other PPOs you’ve done

Never done one.

I agree - show up around 8am, enter whenever they let you. Try to get a BG between 10-80. When you open MDE, it will tell you which BGs are being called and also you should be able to see which ones are being distributed or at least just grab one and then ditch it if you want a later one. Most likely, 0-10 will go pretty quick so you should be ok.

My numbers assume BGs are starting at 9am. If they actually open at 8am, you would want a BG between about 20-90. Also, all of this is based on one day of data so take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

This is all super-useful information. Thanks, Jeff.

1 Like

Come again?

For realz?

I don’t even know you anymore…

PPO is clearly marked. There will be CM with a sign on a stick standing in a prominent area directing you to the right place to check in. You’ll check in and be ushered into line and directed to the restaurant.

1 Like

Will they let him wander off?

You know I don’t rope drop.

Given that I don’t plan on eating, will I be free to wander around? Even rope drop SDD?

Not likely. You will be able to go only so far and then you’ll be held at a rope until official opening time. You’ll be able to wander in a very limited scope.

I forgot about the no rope-dropping rule. I don’t know why. I guess I just don’t like you enough to pay that much attention when you say things.

2 Likes

So I could RD SDD?

sound of stamps being ripped off a package

1 Like

Agree! I am desperate for data because we will be there in 9 days. This is soothing my frazzled brain. Thank you.

3 Likes

Note to self: Do not get on this Disney Princess’s Naughty List :laughing:

2 Likes

She’s going to regret it. You have no idea how much she’s going to regret it.

2 Likes

I’m seeing reports on Twitter that the ride is down for the night.