RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

am i right in my past reading that BG might take a while to be allocated but the first 50 or so groups are going in the first 60s so its pretty much pot luck if you get a Pretty Early group (ok im feb but my plan was to hit it and head to water park the first day)

Thanks!

That’s a fair assumption. It’s been completely up to the fates to decide whose phone is the fastest draw. Contrary to what I’ve recommended in the past, some people get better results with Disney WiFi, while others do better without. But a BG below 60 isn’t too bad. It’s up in the 100s where you risk not being able to ride.

I would never recommend going on your last day or a partial day when you can’t come back in the evening.

1 Like

yeah been re-evaluating our plan (even thought were feb)

3 visits. first was meant to be morning then water park. We will Aim foe this to be our MAIN RotR day, ideally had hoped get an early one, then water park but if we get a Pass then we decide on day if we stay all day or not]

Day 2 was meant to be full day , will depend on day 1 :slight_smile:

Day 3 will be last throw of dice but is the day we fly. Hopefully just a Reride of something like slinky and Falcon and anything else we fancy

But this thread been invaluable in forward thinking. Weve held off on a Disney visit for 2 years waiting for star wars so want to give us the best shot at it

1 Like

It’s been another great day for RotR! Here is the chart in comparison with the best day in operation so far - 12/20 (red line). As you can see, today (blue line) is tracking right in line with that day, although it fell slightly behind at a couple of points throughout the day. It’s been well ahead of the average (black line) and there has been no detectable downtime.

Advice for the next few days (7am opening through 12/25) is to arrive at around 6am but no later than 6:30am. Initial BGs ran out within 15 minutes or so of the 7am park opening. if you are not through the tapstiles before 7am sharp, you may get a much later BG or have to settle for a backup BG. The good news is we have been plowing through Backup BGs most evenings since they debuted.

If you are planning to go on a 6am opening day, I recommend a 5-5:30am arrival but you will likely still have a shot to ride if you show up at 6am or even 7am. They will have an extra hour of ride operation (so more riders will get through in the morning) and people just don’t like to wake up that early, so I don’t think initial BGs will be gone a full hour earlier than they were today. But if it’s important to you, don’t show up later than 5:30am.

4 Likes

Day 19 Timeline 12/23/19
Link to OP

6:30am Park opens; held at HB
7:00am Published park opening; MDE starts issuing BGs
7:34am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs
9:27am MDE stops issuing BGs

3 Likes

Data point in favor of not using Wifi when trying to get a BG:

7:01 BG 28 - we had a group of 7 all trying, some on Disney WiFi some not. My husband got in first LTE

Your mileage may vary. Great idea to have everyone logged into the same account and trying to get BGs for your entire group - some with WiFi / some without.

1 Like

Interesting to see how far we’ve come since RotR opened. The first week of operation, a “morning” BG was < 30. Today, if you got a BG < 80 you were called by noon. The average so far has been about < 50 before noon.

Today has been tracking ahead of the previous best (12/20) but just slipped behind the record. We’ll see how it ends the day.

3 Likes

We had the opposite experience. We figured LTE would be better, so we paid for a day of roaming (Canadians) on one phone. The person using Disney wifi got the BG first. So… I agree, each party should try both simultaneously.

1 Like

Awesome day! Up to 192!

10 Likes

Thank you Jeff!

2 Likes

Is MDE currently issuing BG’s at official park opening? Or was that just the one day?

It has been and continues making BG available for reservations at park opening. Typically it makes the Join Boarding Group button available 1 minute after posted park opening.

2 Likes

Looks like extended downtime this morning.

I’m so curious to see if they keep an 8am opening time for Jan 6th and if they wait until 7:30 to let people in and 8 to release BGs.

1 Like

Same questions here! I’m still totally stalking how it goes for you on the 6th for our visit on the 7th. We’re staying at Beach Club so I’d love to be able to stop at Boardwalk Bakery on the walk over, but they don’t open until 630. That timing works for a HS 8am opening.

1 Like

Luckily we can both watch Jan 5th too and see how it goes for that 8am opening.

1 Like

I think the week I’m going is the first day some passholders aren’t blocked out from HS during the week.

Thank you

Yuck! Looks like it’s been doing ok since then though.