Day 19 Timeline 12/23/19
Link to OP

6:30am Park opens; held at HB
7:00am Published park opening; MDE starts issuing BGs
7:34am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs
9:27am MDE stops issuing BGs

3 Likes

Data point in favor of not using Wifi when trying to get a BG:

7:01 BG 28 - we had a group of 7 all trying, some on Disney WiFi some not. My husband got in first LTE

Your mileage may vary. Great idea to have everyone logged into the same account and trying to get BGs for your entire group - some with WiFi / some without.

1 Like

Interesting to see how far we’ve come since RotR opened. The first week of operation, a “morning” BG was < 30. Today, if you got a BG < 80 you were called by noon. The average so far has been about < 50 before noon.

Today has been tracking ahead of the previous best (12/20) but just slipped behind the record. We’ll see how it ends the day.

3 Likes

We had the opposite experience. We figured LTE would be better, so we paid for a day of roaming (Canadians) on one phone. The person using Disney wifi got the BG first. So… I agree, each party should try both simultaneously.

1 Like

Awesome day! Up to 192!

10 Likes

Thank you Jeff!

2 Likes

Is MDE currently issuing BG’s at official park opening? Or was that just the one day?

It has been and continues making BG available for reservations at park opening. Typically it makes the Join Boarding Group button available 1 minute after posted park opening.

2 Likes

Looks like extended downtime this morning.

I’m so curious to see if they keep an 8am opening time for Jan 6th and if they wait until 7:30 to let people in and 8 to release BGs.

1 Like

Same questions here! I’m still totally stalking how it goes for you on the 6th for our visit on the 7th. We’re staying at Beach Club so I’d love to be able to stop at Boardwalk Bakery on the walk over, but they don’t open until 630. That timing works for a HS 8am opening.

1 Like

Luckily we can both watch Jan 5th too and see how it goes for that 8am opening.

1 Like

I think the week I’m going is the first day some passholders aren’t blocked out from HS during the week.

Thank you

Yuck! Looks like it’s been doing ok since then though.

Day 20 Timeline 12/24/19
Link to OP Updates in Progress

6:00am @disneykati arrives at HS
6:02am @greagan through security
6:15am @gullfam through security
6:30am Tapstiles open; held at HB; @nclane22 through security
6:40am Kati through tapstiles
6:42am Greagan through tapstiles
6:44am Gullfam through tapstiles
6:46am Nclane through tapstlies
7:00am Published park opening; MDE starts issuing BGs; Kati - BG 33; Greagan - BG 39
7:01am Gullfam - BG 40; Nclane - BG 59
7:27am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs (122+)
9:01am MDE stops issuing BGs

1 Like

Just saw this confirmation that Boarding Groups will be used at Disneyland when RotR opens there January 17th for those (like me) interested in the west coast iteration:

1 Like

I’m actually really hoping that they’ll start letting people through the tapstiles at 7 for the 8am opening days. I’d love to be able to arrive around 7:15 or 7:30 and still get a boarding group. I’ll show up earlier if I have to, but I won’t be happy about it. :joy:

4 Likes

We showed up on Monday at 9 and got BBG 187. We still got called. But the park was so crowded, we only got 4 other rides in, 2 on FPP and 2 SB. We had a hard time getting another Tier 2 early in the day. To be fair, Monday was supposed to be our Kennedy day but we went on Friday to watch the launch. And we rebooked those FPP on Thursday.

If you don’t care when you are called, a later arrival seems okay.

On Wednesday, December 18th, we got a BBG and got called around 5:30 pm. However, we got on all the rides, plus ToT and TSM 2x.

5 Likes

Thank you for this. I don’t mind leaving HS and then coming back when I am called but I do need to be called before 6pm. I think arriving near park opening and not ridiculously early will work out ok for me.

3 Likes