RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

Does this mean that the available open window for a particular boarding group is getting shorter? Or do you still get @pprox 2 hours to ride once your group is called? It would make it more difficult to get there from another park if the window gets slimmer.

1 Like

Well it’s not like the food is going to cook itself, someone has to do it!

My experience today. Clunky and annoyed by boarding groups. I used Verizon, wifi off, and closed all other apps. Refreshed CONSTANTLY. Fingers hurt after. Not a fan of boarding groups!

-bag check 5:56am. No lines at all for bag check. But tapstiles line all way back maybe 20 ft past ticket booth. I saw Skyliner running but not sure if it was just testing or running with guests…saw no one get off.

-6:02 announcement to fill all avail space. Chaos ensues. Back of line walks far up to front towards ticket booth. People not happy

-6:09 cheers from up front. Premature because nothing happened.

-6:27 around when I planned to get here. And lines all way back past security. I think. Can’t see well in my iPhone pic I took but looks like it

-6:31 announcement. And then soon after cheering. Assume tapstiles opened but can’t see

-6:37ish through tapstiles. To the Starbucks line!

-freaking boarding group 50. It wasn’t right at 7 it opened. Maybe 7:00:30.

-7:47 already at BG 20. I have hope to be out of here by 10!

-10:08 the 30s and early 40s have taken forever, but now 43 onward going fast. BG 46 now. Come on 50!

-10:10 awkwardly lurking by entrance. Just called 47. Only 20ish people hanging out like me here waiting for groups to open. Overs ever when groups called only 30ish people were hanging around stalking their BG being called. And one person at least every 2 mins came up and asked: what this ride was. How they ride it. Is this a Bg for the land itself etc etc. anything you could have gleaned from a 5 min research of the park! They also are still handing out backup groups number 167 I believe I heard was given.

-10:26 BG 50!!!

-submitted a 20 min wait on TP once we got on transporter. Not sure if that was the accurate place to submit wait or not!

-11:06 off ride

4 Likes

No, I think you still have 2 hrs to come back once group called.

2 Likes

Bloody hell they GO FAST

Day 16 Timeline 12/20/19
Link to OP

5:10am @littlemermaidmomma arrives at HS; security not yet open
5:30am (Approx) Security lanes open
5:56am @Lenuna through security (20ft past ticket booths)
6:30am Park opens
6:37am @MotocrossTinksMom, Lenuna through tapstiles; held at Hollywood Boulevard
7:00am Published park opening; MTM - BG 15; @NYGIANTMickeyFan - BG 22
7:02am Lenuna - BG 56; LMM - BG 59
7:05am @MamOdie DB - BG 94
7:55am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs
7:59am NYG (BG 22) joins queue
8:39am NYG completes ride
10:26am Lenuna (BG 56) joins queue
11:00am MDE stops issuing BGs
11:06am Lenuna completes ride
11:10am LMM (BG 59) joins queue
11:50am LMM completes ride

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm what time BGs ran out completely for today?

I believe they kept issuing backup boarding groups until 11am. Right now I have a number of 170 in my head. Not sure if I made that up or saw it somewhere else. We shall see tonight how far they get. Standard boarding groups went to 106.

2 Likes

I’d recommend moving up those FPP if you are planing to be in the park that early on 1/15. As I mentioned I’m planning for 8 adults on 1/16. I booked these 30 days out and made adjustments all in 24 hours of the window. The only thing that would make the below plan perfect would be for ST to start at 9 am.

ST - 8:55, Muppets 10:05, Oga’s - 11:00, RnR - 1 pm and HBD - 6:45

No spoilers here from me!

But if anyone is planning on seeing the Rise of Skywalker, when I saw it last night there was a very in depth preview of Rise of the Resistance. A ton of details were included in the videos that I wouldn’t have wanted to know before I rode it for the first time. But I’m also terrified of spoilers.

So, if you are like me and terrified of spoilers, be prepared to put your fingers in your ears and hum jingle bells for a few minutes.

Edited to add: I was there about 30 minutes before previews started, so you might be fine if you show up when the movie is supposed to start. Also, this was at the Disney Springs AMC, so that might account for it as well.

2 Likes

@amvanhoose_701479
I was trying to give you a look at how a HS day can go with both GE rides and most of the rest of the park. If you open this string, it should take you to my original report.

Others have posted about their day at HS with the new attractions as well. Things are changing by the day, especially as we enter the final days of 2019, the busiest time at WDW.

If I were you, I would get the BG at opening and work with it. Don’t do what we did. You have 2 hours to show up. You can spend the RD time knocking out Toystory Land, ToT, and RNR. Check the wait times on Lines as you go.

3 Likes

Also look at @Jeff_AZ original and daily summaries. He’s the author of this post and has done an amazing job summarizing each day.

4 Likes

Beautiful day again today! No significant downtime and up to BG 176! Far and away the highest so far. Backup BGs were available till about 11am and many of them were called, so don’t be shy snagging one if you’re there late and have the ability to be in the park in the evening till close.

My advice is still to show up by 6:30am but less necessary to show up much earlier than that unless the park opens at 6am as it does starting 12/26.

Happy riding!

4 Likes

Does anyone know if Uber cars have any problem getting in at 6am?

1 Like

It varies how long you wait at the curb to be unloaded but shouldn’t be prohibitive.

I can appreciate that, but I guess I’m on the other end of the spectrum- I would rather have a guaranteed 2 hr window assigned to me and know that I don’t have to deal with the hustle of dragging my 5 year old to the parks at a ridiculously early time (and finding an uber with a carseat), waiting in lines, tapping in then waiting and refreshing to “hope” to get in a group. Yes, I will do it, but its obviously not preferred.
To me it wouldn’t effectively choose my park day- I have an AP and can hop anyways. But I can understand your point.

ok I don’t have time to go back to read the 930 posts, but what is the backup BG? someone give me a quick refresher… thanks

At this point is it really necessary to Uber? How about using the bus or skyliner to get there before opening?

Everything you need to know has been summarized in post 1. But to answer your question, a backup BG is just like a regular boarding group except it’s a higher number so Disney caveats that it is not guaranteed to be called - only if all initial boarding groups for the day are called before park closing and there is additional capacity.

Bus is ok at this point. Skyliner’s schedule hasn’t been reliable enough to recommend waiting for it, but you’d still likely get a BG if you did, just maybe not a morning or early afternoon one.

1 Like