RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

I am guessing that they also want to test out the Back BG algorithm. Therefore, release less normal BG and see of the Backup BG program works later in the day.

1 Like

We’re going 12/27. HS starts 6am posted opening on the 26th. Looks like we can expect early opening 5:20-5:30.
(Thanks for this thread, @Jeff_AZ !)

What is the Liner thought on time to arrive?

• BG timing is not critical but would prefer to be done by late afternoon.
  • Would like to have some padding in our BG # to make sure we can work around any ride closures to get on the ride that day.
2 Likes

I’ll be trying again in an hour or so. I have a paper FPP from being unloaded yesterday. They told us it would be good for today.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Liners on chat say they are planning to arrive at 4:30am. Seems like 1.5 hours prior to opening is the conventional wisdom. Personally, I think that’s too early. I still wouldn’t arrive before 5am, and you still will probably get a morning BG. I just don’t think there are many people willing to get up that early on vacation.

But you’ll have to weigh the risks yourself. The chance that all BGs will be gone if you arrive at 5am are extremely slim - but if something insane happens, maybe you get afternoon. Two days after Christmas could be pretty darn insane, if ever it was going to be.

2 Likes

Just arrived DHS. Word is that ROTR is down.

Day 13 Timeline 12/17/19
Link to OP

4:55am @tritigger arrives at HS parking lot; @bowling_gma boards ASMo bus
5:00am @jfrelack through security; @qbacreative arrives at queue
5:03am @MamaOdie arrives at HS parking lot
5:07am MamaOdie through security
5:11am Bowling_Gma through security
5:23am tritigger through security (12 back at tapstiles)
5:32am @Baemax through security
6:43am Park opens
6:44am Jfrelack through tapstiles - BG 6
6:49am MamaOdie through tapstiles - BG 15
6:50am Bowling_Gma through tapstiles - BG 16
6:52am Baemax through tapstiles - BG 23
6:55am @qbacreative and @Book_girl through tapstiles - BG 17 / 23
7:00am Published park opening
7:44am MDE starts issuing Backup BGs (107+)
8:47am MDE stops issuing BGs
12:00pm Ride down
2:00pm Ride back up

Note: Red line is 12/17/19

1 Like

Up again.

2 Likes

But not through yet.

Down again.

Got this far:

2 Likes

Five attempts at this damn ride. Two successful.

2 Likes

I swear you’ve been there for every major breakdown of the last few days. And there haven’t been that many all things considered.

4 Likes

Back up

2 Likes

3 Likes

Gold APs are blocked out over the holidays but the parks are busier, so it may be a wash?

1 Like

This is a good point because it seems a lot of locals have been heading in to catch RotR and not sticking around for anything else. We’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

The parks are all kinds of busy. I’ve never seen the hub more hellishly crowded during HEA than it was last night.

1 Like

Adjusted crowd calendar is showing that the crowds are not that large over the past few days. These were the numbers adjusted after each day.

12/14/2019 12/15/2019 12/16/2019
3 4 3
1 Like

Mission complete. I’m three for six.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I did. Might also be why the land hasn’t reached capacity.

When I left at 9am after getting in the queue at 7:38, I would estimate at least 25% of the cars in the two rows near me were already gone and there were a number of people walking to their cars at the same time I was leaving.

2 Likes

Moussematt we are now taking a break at the Disney Hotel, we are about to eat something and then will take the Gondola back, I saw your picture, so if I see you I’ll say hello.

2 Likes