RotR Disneyland Edition!

Here’s a story about it with video:

1 Like

That is so true. I didn’t like either of those things either. But I like the BG system in general, cuz I don’t have to leave the house until about 6:45am (any earlier than that and I’m probably a danger on the road) :sleeping:

1 Like

Question (apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I have a headache this morning and my inner detective is MIA): Tomorrow I’m going to try to get on RotR again, but this time with a friend. How do we link our APs to the app in order to get the same BG? And how do we unlink them after? (I know we both have to be scanned in and inside the park)

1 Like

I’m actually not 100% certain how to do that. I’ve done it for Disney World before but not Disneyland.

I would think it was the same. But since my headache is gone now, I’ll put my detective cap back on and see if I can find out. I’ll report back later. :face_with_monocle: (let’s pretend that’s a magnifying glass and not a monocle) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I just did this with a group of 8 a few weeks ago. You just scan each person’s AP or ticket into the app (go to tickets and passes, then select the plus button on the top right. Choose link tickets and passes, then scan the barcode). We linked while waiting in line at the taps.
4 of us did this, linked all 8 APs (the 4 newest phones). 1 of the others had time.gov open on their phone so we knew the exact moment to get a BG. We got BG 10 which was the first group that day. After we rode, it is easy to remove all the people from your tickets. Under each AP/ticket in your app will be a “delete this ticket” link. Choose it and they go away. Easy peasy!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! :grin::+1:

2 Likes

You are welcome. Have fun tomorrow!

2 Likes

Jeff AZ, thank you so much for putting this post together and everyone else who contributed to this form! We just got Boarding Group 1 this morning!

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Let us know if anything you did in particular seemed to help. Enjoy your day and your ride!

2 Likes

I don’t even think I have heard them offering bg 1, never mind actually getting it! Congratulations! That is some serious pixie dust.

2 Likes

So, we followed most of the principles that many others have posted prior. We had three people that had their phones setup with all the passes of our group for the day. But only one person was going to execute getting a Boarding Pass. They other two were just ready to go in the event that the first person’s phone had an issue.

We did many many many speed tests. Where we tested the night before and thought was the best spot, was not the right place in the morning when we got there. We ended up finding a place where each of the three people who were executing, got around 100 mbps on the speed test. We were all moving so fast in a small group working together.

When it came time to get the boarding pass, I was doing a count down. My phone had time.gov pulled up. My count down was to X:00:01, where I said go at the exact moment, one second after opening time based off time.gov.

The primary person executing the Boarding Group did it from the main screen of the DL app, then hitting Find Out More at that exact second after the park opening.

4 Likes

That’s amazing! Professional work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after our disaster in January, DD1 went to DL with some of her college friends yesterday for a redo. Success! They were in BG 66 which is kind of high, but still called fairly early in the day. She loved, loved, loved the ride but I wouldn’t let her tell me anything about it. I don’t want to be spoiled when I ride it next month. She also said the new parade is fantastic.

6 Likes