RotR Disneyland Edition!

So is anyone keeping track today as well? I want to see how fast the BGs get snatched up. I’ll be watching Twitter.

EDIT: So for ish and giggles, I tried to get a BG from home (obvi it won’t let me cuz I’m not in the parks), but (1) it didn’t have my AP linked for some reason, so there’s a snafu that people should make sure is already taken care of before they try to get BGs, and (2) the BGs were ALL gone in about 2 minutes again. So FYI.

2nd EDIT: And today they’re saying 75 and up are backups.

3rd EDIT: My DL app is not seeing my AP as linked to it (even though it has my AP info stored). This is not good. I’m hoping it’s just a temporary glitch caused by the RoR chaos and not some bug that rode along in the last update. Obviously I can’t even think about getting a BG until this has resolved itself.

4th EDIT: Yes, the DL app “is currently experiencing a temporary system downtime which may affect Disney MaxPass. We are working as quickly…”. So I wonder if this affected people trying to get BGs this morning.

Day 2 Timeline 1/18/20
Link to OP

6:52am Line at main gate extends to DCA across Esplanade
7:30am (Approx) Park opens; guests held at hub
8:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (5+)
8:01am App starts issuing Backup BGs (75+)
8:03am App stops issuing BGs
8:25am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 5-7

1 Like

I timed it today with a screen capture video and Initial Boarding Groups we’re gone in 40 Seconds!!! Backup BGs were gone another 43 seconds after that. So ALL BGs were distributed within 1 minute 23 seconds of 8:00:00am.

In that time, I was able to go through the motions of getting a BG several times, including closing out the app a couple of times. So unless you are woefully unprepared and haven’t read my tips and tricks in the lead post, you should get a BG.

Side note: weirdly, my phone’s clock skipped 8:59. I mean it was 8:58 and then it was 9:00. I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t taken a screen cap video. So bizarre! Was it leap minute today or something?!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, who is getting BG’s 1-4? VIP’s?

They aren’t issuing 1-4 to my knowledge. No one knows why but every day they start at a different number somewhere between 2-14. Maybe they are trying to be unpredictable to mask patterns?

1 Like

Day 3 Timeline 1/19/20
Link to OP

7:11am Park opens; guests held at hub
8:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (12+, 40 sec) and Backup BGs (82+)
8:01am App stops issuing Backup BGs
9:56am Ride opens; Accepting BG 12

If you have a park hopper ticket, can you join a BG after going through turnstiles at California Adventure or do you have to go through DL turnstile first?

1 Like

All reports have stated that you need to have your ticket scanned in DL before you are granted access to pull a BG.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone try this at DCA but at WDW you have to be in HS to get a BG. Since BGs are distributed within a minute or two, there’s no time to waste trying various approaches if you actually want a BG so I wouldn’t recommend trying! Also good to be near a CM in case there is an IT issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

I don’t think that is exactly true? You have to have scanned into the park but it has been tested that you can leave and grab a BG from outside of the park? I am not confident that anyone has been able to test if you can get a boarding group if you then scan into another park but I would be interested to see if it would work the same way.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that a wife at home, using her husbands account, grabbed a BG for him after he had scanned into the park.

1 Like

Yes! That has been working well! There have also been successful bookings from the Boardwalk area after someone entered the park and then left.

Yes you’re right, I meant “scanned into” HS as opposed to MK, etc. but technically you can leave after scanning in and still get a BG.

Now that you mention it I haven’t heard of anyone trying this either, but given how closely I’ve been following I would be very surprised if someone had done it and I hadn’t heard about it. But possible.

Edit: just realized your wording implies you could scan into a different park after already scanning into HS. I would assume this is possible. If you have only scanned into a different park I am fairly confident you can’t get a BG.

Someone told me that they had tested it and it worked but I don’t think that is actually possible yet? BGs are opening at 7 and no other parks are open yet? I know a liner was hoping to test it but I think the hours have changed. Is it possible to test it in DL? Are both parks open before BGs are released?

1 Like

Today was a DCA Early Entry day (7am vs DL 8am regular open) so it’s possible to test the theory if someone isn’t planning to ride that day but just wants to see if it works.

2 Likes

Only if they didn’t want to ride it. It feels like a big gamble to me.

1 Like

I got to ride at about 10pm?!!! And I was BG125!! So so crazy yet so so so much fun!! Esplande and security were open 24hrs. I got there about 4 am ( I may be crazy but not that nutso to stand in the rain at midnight like some did.) Awesome to see monorail maintenance driver pass by with his lightsaber. Crowd went nuts. They started to let us in early and kept everyone at rope right at the Hub. At sunrise they let the crowds go to the regular RD areas and a RD area on each side of Astro Obitor. ( this is for the paper BG passes. The Buzz Lightyear FP machines are being used as are the Splash mountain machines ) I went right side AO because it seemed closer to the FP machines. I made the mistake of going here for a paper pass for my collection. Rope was dropped and madness erupted. Not only a was there a bit of pushing,shoving,yelling but someone fell because the ground was sti wet from the rain. Another line up at the machines and when it was time to go it was even crazier! One of the machines ate a couple passes and people panicked banging on the machine. I was denied with a Not so fast! Message on my ticket even though I was 3rd in line for a machine!!! I panicked, stepped aside logged on and got a BG of 125. I was bummed but went in knowing I might not get one and knowing I’ll be back in 7 days for 7 days. I would be riding. I did want an explanation on why I was denied but then later I could join. I went to GS and was told my AP was not scanned in when I came in and that was why I was given the Not so fast! Pass. I dont buy yhat because if I wasn’t scanned in how could I join online??? I wasnt going to let it ruin my day. Although seeing couples fight,people of all ages crying and a Dad yelling at his kids because they weren’t fast enough to the pass machine did bum me out. I went about my day and enjoyed Lunar New Year stuff ,got my picture with the Three Little Pigs and watched the BG numbers climb. Was actually back in my room when it climbed to 100 and decided I better head back in! It got to 114 online but in the actually line they called it at 115. Bryan ( btw) and I hung out at the RotR entrance waiting as numbers climbed. He made friends with other 115ers as I sat and talked with 2 sisters and a trio of friends celebrating a birthday. They were 117ers. 115 was called. When the CM said 115 was it The guy next to us said he was told they would cap the line at 119 he was 117 and him and his group better get to ride. The main CM came over talked to the guy and let them in. He came over to our group and asked our BG numbers. Everyone 117 but me. I said I’m 125 and looked sad. He winked and said head on in!!! We all freaked out, cheered,high fived and headed on in it was a super long day. Not really clear on the exact time but I did earn my play Disney parks RotR pin at 10:11pm!!

3 Likes

I got in!! And made 5 new friends! :smile:

3 Likes