RotR Disneyland Edition!

Got it. Thanks!

Well, here we are! We got in line 65 minutes before park opening and are about 20 people back from the turnstiles. Security was quick and easy. It’s 45 before park opening now, and the lines are about halfway to DCA behind us.

1 Like

Can someone clarify entrance procedures on days Disneyland has Extra Magic Hours? Do they allow everyone to get inside and hold non-resort guests at Main Hub? Or do they hold people behind the tapstils?

Fast fingered husband got us into BG 31! Park opened at 7:30, we sat at the Jolly Holiday until 8. My app froze, but he got in, though not before he had to remove some random ticket# from our family’s group?!? Anyway, much relief all around.

3 Likes

Yes I would like to know this too. I haven’t heard a specific answer, but I presume that they make EE people show their room key or admission before getting through the ropes at the hub. It’s easier when they are only admitting EE because if you don’t have it you won’t make it through the turnstiles.

Fantastic! Congrats and hope you have a great ride!

3 Likes

Day 12 Timeline 1/28/20
Link to OP

Red line is 1/28/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

Yesterday was another great day for RotR! Just one instance of 1.25hr downtime in the morning, then steady till the evening. Topped out at BG 115 for a 9pm closing.

For reference, Backup BGs lasted only 1 minute yesterday (1/28). As of 8:28am today (1/29), Backup BGs are still distributing.

I asked at the ticket booth. They will allow non-EE people into the park about 20 min early as usual and hold them with a rope. In her words, “it’s just two rope drops.”

1 Like

I was there Saturday and we were let in about 7:30 (EMH/MM at 7. regular open at 8). We were just held in the hub. I was shocked at the huge number of people who were still waiting to get in through the EMH/MM gates at 7:30- guessing most of them missed all of their EMH/MM as they were not there early enough to get any benefit due to long lines to enter.
Saturday there were 3 of us and we got BG 38. Sunday there were 8 of us and we got BG 10. Monday just 2 of us and we got BG 25.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Were there separate lines for EMH/day guests? What time did you arrive to be allowed in at 7:30am? I will be working with a 9 hours jet lag, so waking up early should not be an issue (this day in Disneyland has 3 goals: RotR, coasters and forcing my body to adapt to California time by staying awake).

Yes, all of the gates on the Harbor Blvd side were labeled Magic Morning/Extra Magic Hours. All of the gates on the Downtown Disney side were for regular admission. I got there at 7:15 I think, but my friend was already there and in line so I joined her. I would be at the gates at least 45 min early I think.

2 Likes

At the hub, how did they allow EE people through? Any scanning or just showing admission?

Not sure, we were on the Adventureland side, and then moved to close to the Partners statue to get our BG as my cell service was better there. I couldn’t see through all the people to see what was happening.

1 Like

Wow! Today the Backup BG threshold is 42!!! They’re already up to 31 so I wonder what they’re playing at?

Today they close the park early (8pm) for a special event, but that still seems very pessimistic.

We were BG 31 and we just rode (and saw Grant Imahara of Mythbusters outside!). It was amazing, and the line seems to be going smoothly.

1 Like

As of 12:20pm they started calling backup BGs. They were definitely a bit overcautious with issuing initial BGs today.

Day 13 Timeline 1/29/20
Link to OP

Red line is 1/29/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

Pretty good day yesterday other than the one hour of downtime around noon! Ended the day at BG 112, even with an 8pm close. Oddly the Backup BG threshold was only 42, so the majority (63%) of BGs called were actually Backup BGs! Today Backup threshold is 72.

We’ve been torturing ourselves all week looking at the BG numbers! Glad for everyone that it’s been going so smoothly but wishing we’d been on a better day! Don’t you have a visit coming up in February? I am now thinking maybe my daughter (that is in college in Redlands) and I will try to go Monday, February 24, and try again. But my high school age daughter will probably not be able to go with us.

1 Like

I had been toying with the idea of going in February but right now my next scheduled trip is April 11th. There’s a slim chance I’ll go in March, but looking doubtful. As hard as it is to wait, I’m glad there is time for most of the kinks to work out before I go!

We are sitting in the room right before Rey right now, BG 25, and the ride is down “for a minimum of 30 minutes.” We’ve been told that if we leave, they won’t do anything for us- no fastpasses, no later boarding group- because our tickets have already been scanned. So we stay and maybe ride, or we lose out. This is complicated by the fact that the men in our party rode first, then came out to watch the baby while we rode, so it’s me, my SIL, and my 6yo daughter.

1 Like

Hang in there! Most shut-downs last about an hour but can be quicker. Rarely much longer than that.