RotR Disneyland Edition!

Day 6 Timeline 1/22/20
Link to OP

9:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (1+, <1 min); starts issuing Backup BGs (71+)
9:10am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 1-4
9:50am App stops issuing BGs
8:05pm Last BG called (90)
9:00pm Published park closing

Red line is 1/22/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

A great sign - it’s almost 9:30am and the app is still issuing Backup BGs! That’s 30 minutes past park opening! Initial BGs were gone within the first minute, however.

4 Likes

Thank goodness the time is starting to stretch out. We’re going next week, and my 10yo is desperate to ride. Fingers crossed that we get a BG at least one of our four days.

2 Likes

We are going this coming Sunday. It’s our one and only shot for a while. My AP is expiring and I don’t have another trip planned in the foreseeable future. (Yikes! I might go into withdrawal!!!) I am trying to stay calm. There will be three of us and we have the recommended procedure down. But if we don’t get to ride … I will be so bummed. Thanks, @Jeff_AZ for tracking this data and also posting the Liners tips on getting the BG to this forum.

3 Likes

Good luck! It sounds like you have done your homework so I’m sure you will do great!

Day 7 Timeline 1/23/20
Link to OP

8:00am Early Entry
8:20am (Approx) Non-EE guests admitted to Main Street
9:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (1+, <1 min); starts issuing Backup BGs (80+, <1min)
9:35am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 1-11
8:05pm Last BG called (115)
9:00pm Published park closing

Red line = 1/23/20. Yellow is presumed downtime.

2 Likes

I am very happy to hear that non-early entry folks are being let in early enough to get a boarding group!

1 Like

Good luck Julianne! You’ll do fine! I’m sure you will, but let us know how you do! :smiley:

Good day so far! Up to BG 87 with no discernible downtime in the first 6 hours of operation of the park. Above average pace, even though the park opened an hour later than half the days on record.

3 Likes

Day 8 Timeline 1/24/20
Link to OP

8:00am Published park opening; App starts issuing BGs (<1 min); App starts issuing Backup BGs
8:44am App stops issuing BGs
9:20am Ride opens; Accepting BGs 11-14
X:XXpm Last BG called (X)
12:00am Published park closing

3 Likes

Do we have yesterday’s highest BG?

Thanks for the details!! Yesterday we got 12 and today we get 15! Also, wanted to clarify that you are able to leave Disneyland and enter DCA and still get boarding passes.

My husband and I rope dropped magic morning hours and rode a few rides at Disneyland before heading over to rope drop Radiator Springs Racers and we still got 15!

6 Likes

Awesome! And thanks for confirming the DCA bit.

It was up to about 122. You can check daily data here.

1 Like

Stressful morning. Things did not go as planned. We got to the M&F parking before 6:30. Took until after 7:00 to park. That was our big mistake - should have gone to toy story lot! Lines horribly long to get in the park and we were not in by 8:00. I heard the cheers when BG’s opened and my heart sank. I was practically on the verge of tears! But I kept checking and the join a BG button was still active. We made it into the park sometime between 8:05 and 8:10 and got BG 105. This time I did tear up with tears of relief! Now we just have to hope for a smooth operation today so that they get into the high backup groups. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Wow that is a long time to get into the park! My advice has always been to get to the main gate 30-60 min before opening, but that doesn’t factor in time to park, go through security, and get to the main gate. Even so, that seems worse than the reports I’ve heard so far. Probably a busy day at DLR. Sounds like people need to plan to arrive earlier than they think they need to on weekends or holidays.

That said, 105 is decent and you have a great shot of getting in with longer weekend park hours. If all else fails, show up at the queue a couple hours before closing and try to charm your way in. It has worked before!

1 Like

Ugh! I hate mornings like that! You planned very well and still didn’t get through the gate before 8. I reckon it’s because all the people who avoided coming on the opening weekend came this weekend. Totally unfair! My fingers are crossed for you! 105 is doable and, yeah, as @Jeff_AZ said, charm your way in at the end of the day if need be. We’re all rooting for you!!!

1 Like

Looking pretty dismal. The ride has had lots of down time this afternoon. Stuck at 67 for hours. And still stuck. I don’t think they’ll even get to any backup BGs. Lots of disappointed people today.

This morning the lines went from DL to DCA and back. Kind of long looping snakes lines. Almost impossible to know where a line ended. I’ve never seen anything like it.

1 Like

Oh I hope things turn around soon! In any case, I’m curious to see what the crowd level was today. That sounds busier than any day since RotR opened, unless people have just failed to mention the snaking lines. I’ve never see that myself.

I wonder if it is also because they didn’t open the gates as early?

1 Like