Rope dropping Peter Pan

Also, what is the best walking path to PP?

I rope dropped PP this past September using EE. I was near the front of the pack and had to go the path of everyone rushing to 7DMT. PP was a walk-on.

3 Likes

I agree 41 min seems unlikely. I’ve rope dropped PP twice in the last two years during EE, on medium crowd level days. We were within the front third of the FL crowd (lining up together with the 7DMT crowd) and walked over with puproose, both times a walk on.

3 Likes

There is a specific route to RD Peter Pan along the same route as 7DMT as @eightyeightkeys said. We rope dropped it last summer and were toward the back of the pack and the line snaked through Fantasyland until we finally stopped walking in the bedroom part of the queue. I think from RD to being on the ride was like 20 min. When we got out the line was shorter than we got in. So being toward the front makes a huge difference, or don’t be in a hurry at all (just get there before EE ends).

1 Like

How early did you arrive at MK?

1 Like

We left the resort around 1hr before EE (using Disney bus), I believe the gates usually open 20-30 min before EE. So for example for a 7.30 EE, I have time stamped photos of us on the bus at 6.38, and in the security line at 7.05 and walking down Main St at 7.09. We got straight in line at the FL bridge where the 7DMT line builds quickly. I’d say if you arrive and are among the group between Tea Cups (where the rope is) and in front of Cosmic Rays, you can expect a walk on for PP. If you’re further back than that especially on a high crowd day, you may have a wait closer to 20 min as @Jeff_AZ reports. I didn’t know wait times dropped again towards the end of EE, but it makes sense to me. I’ve never tried doing that because then you kind of miss the opportunity of the second RD into Frontierland and Adventureland, which both open at regular park open.

3 Likes

Remember that the gates open for everyone an hour before official opening. So 30 minutes before early entry.

And you want to be near to the front. So if you’re using the buses, being at the bus stop an hour before early entry means you should be on the first bus.

4 Likes

How would a monorail resort factor into this? Does monorail security save much time in the morning?

2 Likes

Staying at BLT I’d walk. Not sure when security opens though.

1 Like