Rope Drop Times for DL and DCA

We will be in Disneyland in 10 days. We are staying at the Grand Californian. Our only other trip to Disneyland in 2017 included early entry for all of our park days. For an 8 a.m. park opening, what time should we be in line for rope drop?

1 Like

If you want to be at the very front of the pack, you should probably be inside the park about 45 minutes before park opening, meaning you should arrive at parking like 75-90 minutes early (I’m not sure the latest on what time they open lots and stuff though).

If you’re ok just being within the rope drop pack, being inside the park 30 min or even 15 min would be ok. In that case, arrive at parking 60-45 min before park opening.

Someone else can chime in if I’m way off base vs. recent experience.

1 Like

Thank you.
We will be walking from Grand Californian.

1 Like

The last time I was there was in September. We left our hotel room at 7:30 for an 8:00am opening and were near the front of the RSR RD crowd. I wouldn’t plan on cutting it that close, because I think it’s gotten busier since then. But it only takes like 10 min from leaving your hotel room to being in the park, including security and tickets.

1 Like

Some of this will be different with the GCH security, but this was our experience on the Harbor Blvd side in December…

For an 8:00 opening, security opened at ~7:15, and turnstiles at 7:30 sharp.

We were in the security line by 7:00, which was early enough to get us into the park by about 7:35 and at/near the front of the rope drop crowd. Can’t stop for coffee or anything on Main Street though. :laughing:

3 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you! Four more days!

2 Likes