Rope drop first ride - waiting time on plan

I plan to rope drop FoP, Ive started my plan for 10th July at 8am but when I evaluate it gives me a 9:10 arrival at FoP with an 88 min wait time. This is then causing knock on problems to all my other plans. surely this can’t be correct, someone’s got to be first in the queue :slight_smile:
Any ideas to sort this?
Thank you

You could insert an 8:45 meal at the canteen with a 30 minute duration as a place holder. You could put “FOP RD” in the comments.

3 Likes

Start the plan when you expect to be done with FOP and put that in the notes at the top instead.

3 Likes

I add a Break that starts right at the time of park opening, and I name it “FOP Rope Drop”. I set the minutes of that break to “20”; I plan on being off that ride @ 8:20…I’m anticipating an early park opening, and that my very early arrival will put me near the front of the pack. It will obviously be longer if I’m not near the front, or if there’s not much of an early opening. Conversely, there’s also examples of others who’ve completely finished FOP within minutes of normal park opening hours (due to an early rope drop and their positioning). 20 minutes “feels” like the right buffer for my purposes.
Other liners can share their real-life experiences at a FOP rope drop.

4 Likes

I was curious about the 9:10 arrival so I went and looked: Wed, July 10th is a 9am opening for AK.

I had my start at 9 but changed it to 8 to see if that would make any difference, which it didn’t :thinking:
The 9:10 seems logical it’s the 88 mins that is a bit much.

Thanks all, I’ll fudge it as you suggest.
I wonder if it is a glitch that they are aware of and have any plans to make it work differently.

I usually add an extra FP of that ride to my plan and set it for when I think I’d really get on. Of course, I don’t really have the FP, but it will count the ride time and the walking time correctly.

2 Likes

You do know to be first in line you have to be there 75-90 minutes before park opening?

Other than that, I’m sure others will have much better ideas as to how to adjust your plan. The algorithm is obviously thinking you’re arriving just about at RD, and a wait of 90 minutes is about right for that scenario.

It’s not a glitch. Like you said, someone has got to be first but hundreds of people won’t be. So the plan assumes that you won’t be.

1 Like

To show that you are in the park already at rope drop, add a break in at the hour the park opens for 1 minute. (For MK add the Welcome Show). I do this with all of my rope drop plans and it works well. If you get let in earlier at AK then you may be off the ride when official rope drop is so you could still be off a little.

2 Likes

That’s why I tried to fudge it to say I would be there from 8am but that didn’t help

Yes, we will be.
Ill try some of the ideas.
Cheers

Thanks All
I’ve added a dummy FP and its looking much better - Cheers

1 Like

That won’t work - no matter how early you say that you be there, the Optimizer won’t have you entering the park before park opening. That’s why people do the trick that @douglar posted, as the Optimizer understands PPO ADRs and lets you be in the park before opening to do them.

One point of note about the trick - use a meal break at a restaurant close to the attraction you are interested in (in this case FoP) as that will have your location for figuring out the next step. Regular breaks do not have a location, so the Optimizer may not figure out the best next step to do.

3 Likes

Great hacks here. I figured I’d just hope to rope drop and then optimize my plans. That way I’d feel ahead of the game. But these ideas for letting the plan know you’ll be in the park already lead to better accuracy in planning.

1 Like

Just got off FoP at 08:50
Arrived AK 7:30 they let us in at 8am. Held us on the bridge until around 8:15. Walked us right through and into line :laughing::tada:
Just walked past at 9:20. Wait says 240 mins :flushed:

4 Likes

Wow that’s great. Was there a large crown waiting with you in the morning?

Yes, this, but schedule a meal at Canteen from 8:00-8:20 instead of a break so the TP puts you in the area at 8:20, making your walk time to the next attraction more accurate.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it was significant. Hard to tell as we were near the front. But when we looked back it wasn’t just a sea of bodies :rofl: