Rope Drop DCA

What is your typical rope drop strategy at DCA? We’re using G+ and it’ll be a crowd level 7. I’m struggling to decide to we go to Breakout or Incredicoaster first. We will be able to utilize single rider for RSR so that seems like a 9am move instead of rope drop. Would love thoughts or strategies!

Note: I’ll be there on a day where resort guests have EE.

2 Likes

I would not go to Incredicoaster because it is often opened later than the rest of the park. I would start with either GotG or TSM, but check when you enter the park to make sure whichever you choose is open. Another decent RD option is WS.

For some reason TSM line is long all day, and the LL return times drag out pretty fast, so I would knock that one out in the first hour the park is open if possible.

4 Likes

I would rope drop Avengers campus and G+ TSM because there is a good chance of it turning into a Golden Ticket.

4 Likes

If you want to ride TSM more than once and/or want to do the wheel (Pixar Pal-Around is what they’re calling it I think now), then I would start the day there. If those aren’t top priorities and you’ll have G+ you could start in Avengers Campus (either one is great, but I would probably go to GotG first then, WS). Then I would do the non-LL rides in Carsland before getting into SR for RSR. The only headliner I would avoid first is Soarin.

2 Likes