Rope drop and getting the millitary discounted Memory Maker

Is there anyone out there who has bought the Memory Maker with the Millitary discount? I understand that it must be purchased in person at Walt Disney World Resort ticket windows located outside each of the four theme parks or at Disney Springs. I’m concerned that these windows may not be open early enough to take true advantage of rope drop. Anyone have any advice?
TIA, Jennifer

We have purchased it on both of our trips. In 2018 I got it on our first day, but right before our mid day break. All of our pictures from the morning showed up with no issues. Last year we got it at Disney Springs before any park days. I liked getting it at Disney Springs because we didn’t have to wait in a long line at guest services, but either way works fine. I’m not sure about purchasing the discounted memory maker outside of the parks aside from Disney Springs though. I think it had to be inside at guest services. Someone else may have advice on that though. The savings is great just make sure the person buying it has a military id. Welcome! It’s a great group of people here!

1 Like

Ticket booths open no later than 30 minutes prior to the first ADR in the park, per Disney policy. You should have plenty of time to get your Memory Maker before entering :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you buy Memory Maker you’re buying unlimited downloads of the photo pass photos, not ability to have pictures, which get separately linked to magic band, tickets, or photo pass cards. You can purchase standard Memory Maker before, during, or after trip (so long as photos not expired) to get the downloads, so don’t need to worry about purchasing prior to rope drop. Go to ticket when it works for you.

1 Like

It can be at any guest services window; we purchased ours (military) at the guest services right outside of the international gateway at Epcot, and at the guest services window outside the entrance of Magic Kingdom.

2 Likes

We activated our tickets and got memory maker the night prior. It took about 10 minutes, but we just used the TTC and had to go through bag check first. Super easy process. Our first park day was DHS, so we weren’t wanting to try to do it that morning.

1 Like

Gotcha, yea I wasn’t sure. Regardless, there was no way I would have done that wrangling 4 very excited toddler/preschoolers haha.

1 Like

I don’t blame you! It was rough enough with my very excited 25/27 year olds! LOL :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks, your explanation helped a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Where in Disney Springs do you go to purchase the Memory Maker?

We bought ours as we were desperately running into MK. We stopped at the TCC window to do it. It does take a little time b/c they have to run your ID somehow through something. There was no wait (I mean NO wait) and we still had maybe 20 min of getting it activated. But, there were 5 of us, and I don’t know how many you have. We were not doing RD; we were doing an evening only for our first day.

There’s a guest services at Disney Springs.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome @dsnycruising and @jeoxley.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm what Disney considers “retired” in terms of qualified ex-military? My dad was in the Marine reserves back in the day, but got out after Vietnam. Just trying to figure out if he qualifies or not. I’m just confused if the term “retired” means the same thing it does in the private sector OR it just means you left.

I don’t fully understand all of the terms used regarding military retirement/discharge, but this site lists everyone who would be eligible (and what paperwork they’d need to prove it): Disney Veteran Discount and Disney Military Discount Eligibility Guide - Military Disney Tips Blog

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Very helpful crankyduck! He wasn’t in for 20 years, did not get a purple heart, and was not disabled, so he does not qualify. Thanks for the link!

1 Like