Room Security Check

I will have to check with my BF, but I think - when he put the sign up they didn’t come in, but they called him to say they needed to view the room.

2 Likes

Back in the day, a guest would say now is not a good time and the staff would come back later. The problem occurs when the room occupants are busy every time you check.

People have had drugs in rooms, unfortunately people commit suicide in rooms, not to mention the violence that happened in Vegas. I think the staff will do their best to work around families while keeping people safe. It’s a hard balance but I don’t think as hard as it’s sounding here. Our upcoming trip will be my first time staying at a Disney property, so I guess we’ll find out.

3 Likes

You can also call security or police if you are refused admittance repeatedly with a locked door.

1 Like

I am currently staying at Pop Century and this has not been an issue since we have been out most days. Today, however, I was in my room packing while the family went to Blizzard Beach. Someone was knocking on the door so I bolted from the bathroom to answer the door screaming yes? I’m here! By the time I made it to the door someone was letting themselves in my room. She explained she was doing a security check and I had to leave the room. I was in nightgown, but that didn’t stop her. Out she sent me for the world to see! Just ridiculous! I have never had that happen at any other hotel I have stayed at and it was really embarrassing!

:flushed:

That’s insane!

2 Likes

I would speak to the manager at the front desk. That isn’t right that she would send you out of the room in just a robe. She should at least have given you time to get dressed.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum by the way!

This is pretty standard practice on disney property from my experience. I’ve had it happen in all the resorts since they started doing it. Port orleans, pop, bay lake, poly, Saratoga spring, etc…

Even if you answer vocally, they still come in. If you don’t answer, they come in. They don’t wait a lot of time for you to open the door. But the “having you leave the room” is different. That’s not standard.

The one I was dead asleep, had the “dnd” sign on the door and everything. Next thing I know, I’m startling a mouse keeper startling me!

Another time they scared the hell out of my mom who had no idea of the procedure at the time and was a little out of it thanks to meds.

6 Likes

Wow. That’s horrible! I would definitely complain to management. There is no reason for them to be so quick to enter your room nor to have you leave it. We plan on midday naps when we come and nobody is making me leave my room in my pjs!

3 Likes

I’ve only ever had them poke their head in and never been asked to leave… I’d report it too.

3 Likes

If we were napping / showering or otherwise occupied we’d have the latch on the door for sure. If the “boys” happened to come back they might be out of luck for a while but rather that than have someone come barging in whilst I’m in the shower etc.

3 Likes

Yes, whenever I’m in my room the latch is on. I am on board with safety and security, but my privacy needs to be respected as well. I’m happy to let you in once I am ready. And I sure as heck am not stepping outside of my room while not fully clothed.

(well unless i’m trying to snag a towel off the linen cart and then that’s a different story – and a close call on a really different story!)

6 Likes

Knowing my luck I’d end up locking myself out of the room whilst trying to nab the towels.

Am I close? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes. It was a very close call.

My family was gone to the pool.

I was getting into the shower.

I needed another towel.

I wrapped myself in the one towel (ahem, they are small or I was ample, you decide)

I stepped out into the hall to grab the other towel from the cart that was right there (after checking that nobody was around!)

And I turned around in horror to find the door closing as I realized I did not have a MB on.

I caught it just in time.

I will never make that mistake again.

5 Likes

The asking to leave the room is a new covid protocol. It happened to us in December at the Contemporary.
However, the CM was super nice about it and gave us a moment to get some shoes and masks on.

Not giving you a chance to get dressed is not acceptable in my opinion. You should definitely say something to someone.

7 Likes