Room Requests via Touring Plans

At the end of the day, it’s just a request. You will get a room in your category but if they don’t have a room available that meets your request then you won’t get it. You’ll still be at WDW and it will still be a great trip. I do feel like you’re asking for a lot and that’s going to make it more difficult to get exactly what you want.

3 Likes

I have a preferred room reserved. So you think asking for a 1st floor, near the middle of the building, courtyard view with no obstructions at window is a lot?

One thing I noticed is that the TP request will use directional language such as west facing, north facing, etc. In some instances this might not be ideal. For instance I’ve had a value studio at Jambo a couple of times. The same language used in the request would apply to a pool view or a savanna view. The second time I stayed there, I changed the language to request Kudu Trail as all of the rooms on Kudu Trail face the savanna. That request was much more successful. In general though, I would not change the TP language.

2 Likes

I would request #1 ground floor #2 section you want. Anything else is gravy. Your request is extremely specific.

1 Like

On our most recent trip, I used the MDE room request feature at CBR just a few days before check-in, requested ground floor near the Skyliner station. We got placed in Aruba Bldg 51 on the ground floor, which seemed pretty good for a last minute request, it sure could have been worse. We did not attempt using the TP room request, mostly because we are not used to it as we do not normally stay onsite. This was our first attempt using the MDE service.

2 Likes

Yes I do.

I take out the direction every time. I remember reading years ago that the room assigners didn’t know which way was north so you were better describing it a different way. So mine for July says building 6 facing building 5.

3 Likes

I think it is a lot also. The room assigners are very busy and need to limit the amount of time they spend on each request. They may just give up on the request altogether if it seems too demanding.

Its also worth considering the fact that there may be very few rooms (or none at all) with all those things. If there are say 90 preferred rooms total that are assignable, only 40 of them may be first floor. Of those 40, only 3 may be in the middle of the building, 1 may be facing the courtyard, and zero may be obstructed. So you may be shooting yourself in the foot by being so specific.

3 Likes

Yes. I think you are ask for A LOT. I’d pick at most, two, of those requests.

2 Likes

70’s, first floor, close to room 0101 as possible.

Any shorter than that and I might as well just say: Planet Earth.

1 Like

That gives them a clear idea of what exactly you are looking for in basic enough terms that they can use to find a room on their grid. The schedulers may not have ever set foot on the property so that’s why generic, but specific terms work best.

2 Likes

That’s perfect. I find that when I simply ask for a building number or section like at Pop, I have always gotten the building I ask for.

I currently have 2 overlapping resort reservations at 2 different resorts and will eventually end up cancelling one. Room request has already been sent to the first one (I am within 30 days). Is it ok to send another request for the second resort?

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, this is crazy, but I am watching resort availability like a hawk. I just rebooked from a preferred view to a standard view on my reservation that my room request was already sent for. Should I try to revise the request or just let it be?

Yes, create a new request.

2 Likes

Thank you!