Room requests in these trying times

I had a question about check in day and room requests as well. Last time we checked in on a Sunday and didn’t receive a room anywhere near our request. I’m wondering if that is because many people begin their vacations on a Friday/Saturday and the hotel was largely full. This August we are checking in on a Friday. Curious if we will have more ability to make a request. I think I’m going to have my TA make the request this time and see how that goes.

Bottom line is people are always checking in and out at Disney and requests are just requests. I’ve only gotten super close ONCE. Another time was the POFQ where I was literally closer to POR than the main POFQ building. Then Poly Studio I got building but not floor or side. And last summer I don’t know if would have gotten anything close, but she put me in something right away.

I look at it as “Hey, it’ll be cool if I get it, but I know there’s a chance I won’t, and I’m not going to ruin a day of my vacation going to squeak at the front desk.” I don’t go to Disney to sit in the room anyway.

1 Like

It’s essentially useless.

3 Likes

This is basically how I feel. I would love a lake & boardwalk view (Yacht Club - water view category) instead of a pool view, but that means there are a LOT of rooms that could work. I’m not going to stress about it.

It certainly would not hurt to say “Request a lake view” (I would leave off the “rather than a pool view” as that could confuse the assigner. Think KISS. :smiley:

1 Like

I have only stayed on property twice (+ Swan once) and both times we did not get requested room - but I loved the rooms we got. CBR, we were between the bridge & Skyliner, it worked out well. POR we got a Royal River View (which we had woods view booked) Next up is SSR. I did exchange thru interval. So I assume it’s just a regular 1 bdrm. I would love to be in Congress Park. But we’ll have a car (as last 5 days is at off-site time share) So I’m sure I’ll be fine with anything. We don’t mind extra walking.

Got back two weeks ago.

I requested a specific room through TP for POFQ. My welcome text indicated that what I got was that room one floor up.

I stopped to check in in person though, because I had Disney gift cards I wanted to use to pay for my stay instead of the credit card they had on file. And when I did that they tried to change me to a different building. Didn’t change though, and got the room they had texted me about.

2 Likes

Just made my TP room request for YC garden view. In the box, I confirmed the view (“NE view, any floor”) so they know that they can put me in any rooms on the same corridor even if another floor than the TP selection.

Tbh, I am not expecting it will work at all. We’ll arrive on a Wedneday for 14 nights. IMO it greatly reduces the pool of rooms available for that length so I probably won’t get anything close to my request…

For our last week of June stay at Saratoga Springs I called and asked for “near a bus stop”. Got our room ready text about 2:30 pm for building 900 in Grandstrand. Got off the bus and looked around. Looked at the map in the bus stop. The building is all the way across the parking lot. Hmm.

Bus pulls in and I tell DH - get on, we’re going to Guest Services. There they tell me, “but it’s the first stop!” Apparently in Disney near = first.

This is what we changed to - thank you nice Disney CMs.

Our first night at All Star Sports I’d reserved preferred and called to ask for ground floor. We checked in about 9:30 pm and were on the ground floor.

3 Likes

That would make my eye twitch. I can’t think of a non-jerky reason for them to do this.