Room Request Using Touring Plan

Is that online check in? I had a grand total of 1 option for POFQ in July, it was upper floor.

2 Likes

That is not an editable field?

1 Like

Yes that has very limited options to request.

When you call, will they accept specific rooms and alternatives? I have only requested things like ā€œMagnolia Bendā€ at POR, or upper floor at CC.

You can. But they will tell you itā€™s just a request, like any other. At least at one point in time you could - I did it for a guest of mine some years back.

1 Like

Yes. But my top priority is Congress Park, and that is an option. My request through TP is more specificā€¦but the only reason we booked Preferred was to be in Congress Park. If we arenā€™t, we wasted points and could have just booked Standard. Yes, it is just a requestā€¦I understand that. But I want to make sure they at least SEE a request!

I honestly donā€™t doubt that the room assigners see the TP requests since it goes directly to them. I just think it is easier to fulfill these requests at some resorts. I know if I request Village Green at BWV I will be one of many requesting those rooms.

2 Likes

If you booked Preferred then that suggests to me this is a DVC points booking?

If youā€™re the member you can call Member Services and have them add the request.

Iā€™m planning to do the same as you. I made a request through WDTC and will do the TP one too.

1 Like

This is correct. We have booked on points at SSR 4 nights, then BWV for 4 nights. Iā€™m not really that committed to anything at BWV, but at SSR, we want Congress Park so that we are able to just walk over to DS quickly(ish) and easily.

So, perhaps calling Member Services would be a good idea. Thanks.

1 Like

You can even do it right from the chat if the chat is functional today

1 Like

Oh! Thatā€™s even better. I hate having to call (anyone, ever!).

3 Likes

I stayed at Pop October 4 and 5 this year and had my request met. I made the request through TP only and I had checked in online months ago. I asked for a room in the 1960ā€™s section and got it. I even got bumped up from a standard room to a preferred room. Iā€™ve stayed at Pop 8 times and had my request met 7 of the 8 times Iā€™ve stayed there. I donā€™t expect or request a specific room but rather ask for certain buildings. So, someone who is assigning rooms at Pop saw my request. I donā€™t think that was just luck.

5 Likes

Sorry, but the CM at Pop Century said just the opposite. She stated that each resort handles itā€™s own room assignments and I tend to believe her as I have yet to even come close to a request submitted via Touring Plan.

Wow, I wonder if you got our room when we checked out on the 5th at Pop? It was at the 60ā€™s where we had the main desk obtain the building we requested via Touring plan, with no result even close. We faced riverside which was a upgraded room.

1 Like

It absolutely used to work that way when faxes were sent. Unfortunately that system was replaced years ago.

Of course, I donā€™t think you will be believe me or anyone else here, so are you going to call the resort directly next time? They must have phones on the front desk that ring from guests calling all the time?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not that I donā€™t believe you. I do but you are right I will call the desk at Pop as well. I only know what I have been told and what I have experienced. Your pretty up front with information and I respect that. You have given information in the past that has been quite useful. Thank you.

1 Like

I checked in on the 4th so I could not have gotten your room if you didnā€™t check out until the 5th.

1 Like

Fall of 2019 I think it was. I used to have a post bookmarked that explained the new system.

1 Like