Room only reservation/tickets question

Oh for sure they do! I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise. It’s just not what their big push is. In the past when I used MVT my agent (the wonderful Jason, who recently passed away :frowning_face: ) did tickets for me quite willingly.

Yes, because what if she ends up NOT cancelling it but actually using it? It’s not a lot of work for the agent, and it may result in a commission for her.

That was kind of what I was thinking – if no DVC rentals are available, we WILL just go through her. I have no idea if we’ll get anything or not (we’re two adults booking two separate rooms, so it’s a sort of hefty number of points), so worse comes to worst, we’d be happy to keep our booking with her at WL.

Ok. I’ll just put down my deposit with her, see what happens, and go from there!

1 Like

I think I would feel guilty about wasting someone’s time! Good to hear from a great agent that it is ok!

1 Like

I wondered if that might be the case – she really would only be booking our room and that’s all. We booked through her twice before, so hopefully we’ve given enough business to merit a bit of help.

Damn, now I wish I could just book through you, @OBNurseNH! Next time… :slight_smile:

(sidebar: my friend is now wondering if we should just look into buying DVC… I am beyond tickled at how hard the Disney bug has bitten him, a single, childless, 58 year old curmudgeon from Brooklyn. Ha!)

3 Likes

I’m joining late… but Yes Authorized Disney Vacation Planners (I am one) can book Room Only and sell tickets only, and we get commission either way. While I never sat and did the math to compare the Room Only + Ticket Only commission to a Room+Ticket package commission to see if there is any difference over all, I expect Room Only + Ticket Only will be less due to lower rate on ticket only.

Once either is booked you can link them to your My Disney Experience…

I do this all the time for my family and I… Since my wife and son are no longer annual passholders, but I am… I book us a room (and get confirmation number for that), then “sell” them tickets (get another confirmation for that). We link both confirmation numbers to our My Disney Experience account.

The room only reservation requires a deposit which is usually the average per night room rate plus taxes OR the first nights room rate plus taxes. Ticket only sales will need to be paid in full when selling them.

That being said… There are offers for “room only” and offers for packages (Room+Tix or Room+Tix+Dining)… so if you book room only + ticket only, you cant get the package offer prices if the agent has to cancel and rebook it as a package because the tickets are non-refunable (so can’t be canceled).

Because the room reservation and ticket sale are separate confirmation numbers, if you cancel the room only reservation “later”, it wont impact the tickets. As long as you are within 180 days from the dining reservation date, if you cancel the room only it shouldn’t mess up the dining… I’m not sure what would happen if you make FP at 60 days then cancel the room only reservation at 59 days…

All very good points. And now that I have used one for the discount (which was truly the only thing that made me even consider it), I might use one in the future just because. I want to do almost everything on your list myself. But for the times I don’t and if there were a situation when I couldn’t, it is nice to know I have her as my backup.

1 Like