Which onsite resorts have rooms that can accomodate 5 people? I’d like to research all of my options, including renting points if that’s a possibility.
The following Walt Disney World Resort hotels can accommodate 5 or more people in one room:
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
In addition to these, every Disney Vacation Club has multi-room suites that can accommodate as well which includes:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Most of the resorts on the top list are able to hold 5 due to suites or DVC rooms.
Art of Animation and All Star Music have 2 bathrooms - a huge plus!
We choose AoA over Saratoga suite because we preferred having 2 bathrooms.
With that party, I’d suggest looking at two rooms anywhere first. Then maybe an AOA suite, All stars or an animal kingdom Kidani 1 BR villa.
Our family of 5 rented points for a Poly studio - 2 bathrooms (one is only shower and sink, no toilet). Loved the location and the room!
Caribbean Beach also has rooms that have a 5th sleeper
Is it all the rooms or the pirate rooms?
Pirate rooms sleep 4. Some of the other rooms have the 5th sleeper.
And that 5th sleeper is a bookable category.
If you have 5 people, you don’t have to book under the 5th sleeper category. I have 5 in my family and I tried it. I could book under a standard room if I wanted. The 5th sleeper booking is for those with less than 5 that want the extra bed.
Edited to add, I tried it back when packages were released for this year. I can’t find any standards available to try it again at this point.
Yes, it’s kind of counter-intuitive, but honestly the room at BWI that we booked was among the least expensive choices compared to some of the other options. If you need a room that holds 5, those are going to be rooms in the deluxe resorts.