Room discount availability refresh?

In an ideal world for a hypothetical trip I’d like to book a 2-bedroom villa at BLT in March. However, they are only available at the rack rate, which is $2,284/nt. OUCH! No “35% off Early 2021” promotion or 40% AP discount offers - when I select that option it says no rooms available. I’m wondering if it is possible/probable/likely that this might change? Maybe Disney adds more rooms to the discount “allotments”? Does anyone have anything to say about this? Should I just move on with a different idea?
I know I can rent DVC for significant savings over rack rate, but I do not want to deal with potential cancelation issues considering this crazy year of COVID.

I would think it more likely that over time, those rooms that were allotted will dry up. But I guess anything’s possible.

Does anyone know when the discounts for May - June will be dropped?

1 Like

I’ve seen availability for discounts change over time and rooms that were once unavailable become available. If I’m waiting for something, I usually check several times a day. Sometimes what I want pops up and sometimes I’m just out of luck. But it does change.

2 Likes

I would say that with all the dvc people that are banking points from Covid cancelled trips, don’t count on there being any additional villas added to discount availability for a bit.

3 Likes

Discounts are offered because they can’t move rooms. I think @ninjasherrie is spot on.

3 Likes

Now may be a great time to rent some points.

1 Like

This happened to me. One day Pop didnt have a room with the southern discount 2 days later it did. People cancel all the time. Have a back up reserved but keep checking on it.
Edit: @ninjasherrie makes a VERY good point though

2 Likes