Romantic Dinner outside of Parks?

Hi Disney peeps!
My wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary and want a romantic dinner that won’t need us to enter a park? What recommendations do you have?
Thanks

Although bustling and busy, Cali Grill has good food, the view can’t be beat, and stepping onto the balcony to watch HEA over the castle with a glass of wine is especially nice.
I know others have different favorite signatures that may be quieter or more cozy but the CG atmosphere is pure “Disney romantic” to me.

1 Like

I would say Jiko. It is a beautiful restaurant and the food is amazing.

3 Likes

I suggest Flying Fish. Nice intimate atmosphere, fantastic menu, and (if that’s your sort of thing) a wine list that matches really well.

1 Like

Thanks!

There are lots of nice restaurants in WDW, but I’d caution that most have the potential to be loud/bustling. You can run into kids almost anywhere, even at late hours. If you’re staying on property, I’d just temper your expectations. (Unless you’re eating at V&A; my impression is that they’re more reliably upscale and calm.) You can have a wonderful mean in a nice setting, but I wouldn’t count on a traditionally romantic atmosphere at most places.

If you have the budget for it (I think it’s currently somewhere around $400), you might consider Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Intimate Dining. It’s not easy to find info on it. Here are some places where it’s mentioned.

“My wife and I did it in 2016 for our Anniversary. It was wonderful. I believe it was around $350 after tip and included app, entree, dessert, a bottle of wine, Butler service and an awesome view of the MK fireworks while we enjoyed our dessert. You can customize the menu how you want.”

“This private dinner is arranged with Disney’s private dining at the at the Grand Floridian on either the 3rd floor balcony (weather permitting) or at the 5th floor window.”
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/intimate-dining-experience-disneys-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa-0

“I called the main number 407-824-2474.”
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59723

1 Like

My husband and I really enjoyed Citrico’s at the Grand Floridian. The food was great and the service was excellent.

We had a lovely evening starting with drinks at the cocktail bar right next door.

1 Like

If you choose flying fish then you can go to Jellyrolls afterwards. Lounge hop around the Epcot or MK resorts. Where are you staying, that would affect my decision. Ohana followed by trader sams, Disney springs.

V&A is the definitive answer, but that aside, I would go with Jiko for the relative quiet and amazing food or CG for the view, FW, and overall experience.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the help!