RockNRoll coaster refurb schedule

Help me understand why would Disney schedule to take RnRC down for refurbishment during a heavy crowded President’s week / MardiGras week next month? I could understand if it was to make sure it was reopened for Spring break /Easter crowds but this will be a lengthy refurbishment not expected to complete till summer. (Yes I know I’m whining, but the timing just makes no sense to me)

1 Like

When would you schedule it?

2 Likes

Maybe they want it available for the 100th?

Because even with two holiday weekends over January and February it’s still the slower attendance season. No one ever likes it when a ride is unavailable, but they have to do it.

2 Likes

I think you answered your own question. They sandwiched it between the busy Christmas/New Years crowds and want it back up for summer.

3 Likes

After my trip LOL, but on a serious question - is ToT back to full capacity? I know these last several months it was running reduced capacity, so in my head I’m trying to determine how to plan a day at HS for teenagers with reduced capacity attractions, already normal long lines, and extra crowds for a double holiday week that ends with a marathon weekend.

1 Like

Little more info: it’s an entire band full of teenagers (150+ chaperones); and they are required to stay in HS from park open to park close, it’s going to be a long day for the kids plus everyone around them, if it was just my family unit no biggie cause we would hop or visit coasters at Universal

Interested if TOT is back to capacity but based on thrill data’s info on when LL runs out it makes me think it isn’t back up to full capacity

As far as I know ToT part II started in early November, and since the first part took over 4.5 months I’d say we’re looking at a late March return to full capacity.

2 Likes

One thing my teens really enjoyed at HS was the interactivity of Galaxy’s Edge. If the kids have phones and the Disney Play App, there are hours of challenges in that area. Everyone except me, including DH, played for at least 90 minutes on/off during the day. They worked together, alone, they saw different parts of GE, etc. My daughter is normally not into that type of thing, but even she had a blast. Even with RNRC down, I suspect the kids will have enough to do. :grinning:

3 Likes

Is it odd that Disney hasn’t made announcements about either side of the refurb? Why not just say it?

Because they maintain what Disney refers to as, “the illusion of perfection”. (Their term)

They’d rather the majority of people think everything is “perfect” than be honest about it. For a lot of people they don’t go as often as us and have no frame of reference.

1 Like

Because the ride remains open. Announcing that it’s partially closed, resulting in longer than usual waits will just confuse and annoy people who would otherwise just think it’s a ride that has long lines (which is most people).

3 Likes