Riviera DVC rooms declared

I just saw on DVCnews that DVC have declared the first Riviera rooms. I’m quite excited about this - the place doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of love at the moment, but I think it’s going to be beautiful when it’s finished. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh! Was the points chart released ?

Ok, I just read the article. Are they saying it is “GFV like points”?

1 Like

I think they expect them to be similar, which makes sense. It will certainly be interesting to see how much the points will go for. Boy am I glad we bought in at $79 per point in 2003… :joy:

1 Like

I believe there were rumors that it would be the “first moderate DVC”. Those points, combined with the resale issues, will be interesting.

1 Like

That rumour was purely based on location. And the idea that facilities would be shared.

Boy were they wrong. I’ve always said this would be a flagship DVC resort! Arguments can rage but no way this is “moderate”. :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree!

So there will be DVC Riviera contracts, yes? Right now they are just teasing with our brains? I got an email dangling the opportunity for DVC peeps to book, but i’ve not yet called so I don’t know if that means for points or $$$

Did you really get an email ? I am getting tired of this cloak of invisibility …::

1 Like

Yes. It was one of their “How lucky you are to be DVC!” messages (which is true) which got me exploring Riviera (as intended, I guess I am a Disney Sheep).

Yes- hi, my name is Mary. I bought direct from Disney, and I am invisible…

3 Likes

Since they’ve declared the first lot of rooms, they can now start selling.

So info about points charts, price and the timeline for selling should be out soon.

1 Like

When they first released booking for December I compared the other DVC cash pricing on their calendar and found GF was closest to Riviera.

1 Like