Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

@Disneymom33 Sorry for the delayed response. I hit “Find out more” at 8AM. App is already open. I opened the app 60 seconds ahead.

@poohfanclub I used Verizon as did my daughter. Worked perfectly and it was fast. We had a party of 6 and got a single digit boarding group.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Not to put too much weight into a single data point, but today at WDW is dreadful while DL is doing fantastic. DL is at BG 82 vs 56 at WDW despite being 3 hours behind in time zones (albeit one extra operating hour). You can also see that WDW is well below average (black line) and has had lots of downtime, while DL is well ahead of average pace despite an hour of downtime in the morning.

3 Likes

You’ve got quite the list already developing, but I would love to see some RD data for MFSR - front of pack, middle of pack. Would be curious to see what happens after getting off too. Ex: what does the wait for TSM, RNR, TOT look like when arriving after a solid front of pack RD ride on MFSR?

ETA: There also seems to be quite a bit of chat about people at home trying to get BGs for those who are in park. Would be interesting to see this tested.

@matt3846 Thanks so much for this insight. So am I to gather that it takes approximately 7 seconds for the app to login in? Was that using WiFi or cell data? Also is there any data available for how many people in the park at opening WERE NOT able to get on a boarding group?

In my group everyone was in their own Disney experience account. Multiple people can manage multiple reservations.

If your party is big, then a big key would be ensuring that you only have people in your group on your MDE selection screen so you can hit the select all button. you can test this with hitting modify on on fastpass and ensure that only people show up who are on the trip.

Thank you! Yes we have three different accounts for our three families but everyone is linked and noone is on any of the accounts that won’t be there. So we will be able to use the select all button so that is helpful! Thank you!!

Jeff and Wahookokie-- thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Wednesday I’ll test tapping in at HS, and then rope drop Epcot.

7 Likes

Take a look at Len’s post: We Tested Wi-Fi and Cell Service for Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups at Disney’s Hollywood Studios | TouringPlans.com Blog

5 Likes

I’m with you on this. We are taking our youngest son and his wife to WDW the week of March 8. Our daughter in law is super excited about this trip and we have spent months planning every detail. My starting point in the planning was "tell me what you want to do, which if we don’t do, “Disney will be ruined.” I am living in fear that “Disney will be ruined” if we don’t do ROR. My wife says quit worrying and we’ll all just do the best we can to get BGs. She’s right, but it’s still stressful. My wife and I visit often (we rode it in December with our two oldest sons) so we’ll get another chance, but I’m still nervous for our March trip.

2 Likes

Past 5 days has not looked good.

6 Likes

Really need to get that sub-60 BG to feel OK. Worrying.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for all the testing you guys do

AT&T is saying it has partial 5G coverage in Orlando. I can’t find any current coverage maps. Has anyone seen coverage in the parks? This would have to be the best bet for connectivity if it’s available.

Also I see people discussing backing in and out of the boarding groups page to refresh it. Wouldn’t it just be easier to swipe down on the boarding status page and refresh it?

People have had mixed results with swiping down. Possibly it only acknowledges that refresh request at certain minimal intervals. The backing in and out seems to more consistently force a refresh. YMMV.

Our AT&T coverage was very responsive at HS during BG acquisition. One day (CL7) we were queued near Star Tours (BG22). The other day (CL4) we had just entered the park. We weren’t really trying for a BG that day, but out of curiosity (for science!) last minute opened the app and got BG91 (which we immediately cancelled to give someone else a chance to ride).

5 Likes

Made it through the entire chain and think I got my plan down, although I agree with those saying that the situation is giving them fits. I agree. Disney should be better than this. Our trip is not until beginning of May so maybe they will have gotten it a bit together by then. One final question…I have handled all the bookings and reservations for myself and one other person. We are both listed in the intinerary at MDE. If I am lucky enough to get in and get a BG do I have to select the other person or will it automatically know they are right there with me and allow me to do both of us at the same time. Sorry for such a stupid question.

1 Like

You will need to select them as part of your party and then get a BG for both of you.

1 Like

We will be at HS on March 13 hoping to get a BG. Whenever I try at home, it seems like I get the Join Boarding Group. Have those of you who practiced found that you also had luck in the park?

1 Like

I had to drop off my kids at MK at 7:30, so I was not planning on going to DHS today. I decided to see if I could make it in. Parked, no bag security and through touch point a 8. Got BG 106.

5 Likes