Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Looking for more patterns beyond the 2 to 63 (or 13 to 74)… The BG per Hour… scary, can be 5 per or 10 per still. Wondering how many months till they figure something out.

Arrived just before 7 this morning. No problem with security. Went right. Park opened just after 7. Only waited about 10 minutes. Went to TSL queue since we were going to TSMM. I’ve mentioned multiple times that I have had trouble with getting Join Boarding Group to light up. There were three of us trying. I launched about 60 seconds ahead. At 8, I clicked “Find Out More”. Button not lit. Hit my status immediately and it lit. Got BG 7. People directly in front of me got 73. Astonishing how quickly they were gone. Then TSMM end down while I was in line right after they called my BG. Ha! All worked out but was late to Oga’s. I recommend waiting to click on find out more until it hits 8. It gives you two quick clicks to get the BG button to enable.

4 Likes

Glad it worked out for you! I’ve had trouble a few days practicing, but finally got it to work this morning. Was that WIFI or AT&T or Verizon? I’ve read a few times that some cell service is pretty decent in the Toy Story are line at rope drop… hoping we luck out when we are there in a couple weeks.

I’m presuming that such a discrepancy between your number and that of the group in front is down to the difference of data/wifi service and model of phone. I just know my old clanky Samsung is going to be my undoing next week :unamused:

I am on Verizon. Had 4 bars by TSL.

2 Likes

Thank you. I guess I didn’t see the original thread because it is under “Disneyland”? I am still a bit confused though. When people say they are “practicing” at home, at what point are they not allowed to proceed forward? So, if I try to do this tomorrow AM from home, the app will allow me to get to the point where my party is not in the park?

1 Like

Yes, you will be allowed to get to the point where it says, “Not so fast!” and makes you unselect the people who are not in the park. But everything up to that point is the most time consuming part and can give you an idea of how long it will take you to get a BG.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Ok, I tried it this morning at 8:00 and I got to the “Not so fast” screen, so I guess it worked, right? That’s as far as I could go. I was using WiFi (we have Verizon). My two remaining questions are: 1) Should I shut off my WiFi at HS and use cellular or not? and 2) What is the latest advice on arrival time at the park for an 8:00AM opening? HS Day is Th 3/12 (predicted CL 8). Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Our HS day is 3/11, so just got our FPP yesterday. None for MFSR, of course, so we’ll run there first thing! I believe that’s what we should do, right? I have been watching this forum, but stopped for awhile (gone) and hate to ask if these questions have been answered recently. (1) Is the RotR BG window still only one hour and, if so, do you think it will stay that way? (2) There will be 6 of us, all with smartphones (Android and iPhone), so should we all try for a BG through the same account (two of us have accounts) and all be off wifi? (3) Same question as poohfanclub, what time should we be there for 8 am opening? (4) We need to unlink two people in our planning group who won’t be there (but have other tickets), is there any way to do that without calling Disney and waiting on hold for 45 minutes? Thanks so much for all you do!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yes, do Millenium Falcon first.
1- Return window starts the day a 1-hour. Then shifts to 2-hours. If there is a long shutdown, when the ride reopens it will likely have a 1-hour return window.
2- More people the better. Stay off wi-fi
3- I would say no later than 7am. Since you want to do Millenium Falcon, you want to be at the front of the rope drop crowds. For getting a Boarding Group you just need to be in the park by 8am.
4- When getting your boarding group, you will have the option who to include.

3 Likes

was a 2hour window from kick off today. had 7 had to be there by 10.10

BG 3-6 had a 1-hour return window. Typically it is a 1-hour return window until all BG have been distributed.

1 Like

Thanks Steve!
(1) Should we try on both MDE accounts or have all 6 of us log in on the same MDE account? My daughter is worried about that.
(2) I’m going to call Disney and get the two people not going unlinked (can’t seem to do it on MDE) since taking the time to not “Select All” when getting a BG wastes precious seconds. From following this forum, that can make a huge difference!
(3) How are they now handling it if you have a reservation or FPP and your BG gets called for that time? We have Droid Depot at 9:10 am and FPP for 3:16, 4:26, and 5:20 pm.

Sorry, I was looking at our arrival times on the TP my daughter made. Our FPP are for 3 pm, 4:10 pm, and 5:20 pm.

1- Either way works
3- Word is they will let you board late. Just tell the cast member you had a conflict. If you don’t want to risk it, go to RotR early and ask how to handle the conflict.

1 Like

What if you have other FP scheduled during the hour? Is there time to get back to other attractions?

Word is they will let you board late. Just tell the cast member you had a conflict. If you don’t want to risk it, go to RotR early and ask how to handle the conflict.

Hope these are my last few questions (for now anyway):
(1) With 6 of us, we thought maybe one (11 year old kid) can be the count down timer and keep their phone open to a clock app with the seconds, after syncing with time.gov, so the rest of us don’t have to worry about trying to get the exact timing for 8:00:00 am, or do people flip back and forth from a clock to the MDE app (which would take a few seconds)? What’s the best way to know the exact time?
(2) Once the first one of us (hopefully) gets a BG for all of us, does that automatically kick the rest of us out? We’re going to practice, but don’t know what happens after the first person actually gets a BG. We have 3 tech. savvy boys and 3 adults a who will love this “game” if we know enough to win the prize (and the ride doesn’t break down)!
(3) Regarding breaking down, is it still doing that as much and what are they doing when it does? I know you had graphs of it before.
All of this planning for just one ride, kind of crazy, but THANKS for the info!