Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Unfortunately that data point is not available publicly and can only be derived based on conjecture or by combing through Twitter for people who claim to have gotten a BBG at a specific time. My only guess is that I have never seen anyone claim to have a BG # in the 200s.

Edit: I stand corrected - there was one day (12/31/19 - New Year’s Eve - open till midnight) that had BGs in the 200s (BG 222). They probably issue a certain number per hour the park is expected to be operating, and obviously they don’t always get through all BBGs, but some days they probably get close:

2 Likes

sigh… all of this is stressing me out about my vacation coming up. Especially the fact that the ride has been breaking down quite frequently lately

Should I break my group of 15 up into smaller groups? Like have a few of us each trying for a BG for 5, or should I have different people all trying to get a BG for all of us?

Same question. We have two families of 6 going in two weeks—should The four adults each try to get 3 a piece?

That’s a tricky question because there’s not a lot of data on groups that big. You should be fine all trying to get BGs for your whole party but 10+ is kind of a lot, so If you feel better about splitting your party in half and each adult trying to get a BG for their half, that is the most I would break it up. But you’ll have better odds getting a BG (and the same one) the more people are trying to get a BG for the same group. And you’ll waste time unchecking party members assuming you’re all linked to each other.

1 Like

When you are adding the members of your group for boarding passes will all your ‘friends and family’ already be checked on that screen and you need to uncheck those not with you before you hit ‘join’ or vice versa, checking just those that will be boarding? When I have been rehearsing :nerd_face: my ‘family and friends’ list shows up all unchecked but your advice here seems to imply the opposite.

Yeah, it’s hard to give solid advice when we’re backwards engineering how it works.

But assuming BG are assigned in order and have a set size, it seems a large party all trying for a single BG would be beneficial in increasing your odds of a lower BG.

If your party is too large for the space left in the current BG, presumably it would just assign you to the next one, which would only be an issue on the super slim chance that moved you from the final BG to a BBG.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone that felt like the app locked up or has gotten an error message or anything of that natural due to size of party getting a BG.

And for touring reasons, it would be a lot easier if you were all in the same BG then ones called hours apart.

Remember: if there is any kind of issue with it not allowing you to book a BG because a member of your party is showing as not in the park (when they have tapped in), just deselect them and get a BG for everyone you can, then go to guest services and they’ve been helpful in sorting those issues.

1 Like

There is an option to “check all” so you can either check individually or “check all” and then uncheck. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personally, as I’m thinking about this I would just keep whatever group you are naturally touring with for other purposes. And 12-15 is kind of a lot. Any issues with dividing into 2 parties that sometimes converge and diverge depending on plans? Or are you planning to militantly stick together as one bloc?

The discussion about a large group got me thinking about another aspect of getting boarding groups.

In March we are taking our son and his wife. I have several friends and other family in my friends and family list from previous trips. I assume if I remove the people not part of this trip so I have a cleaner screen when I’m trying for a boarding group that will make grabbing a boarding group easier.

The downside is I will need to add these people back before the next trip with any of them. Any other downsides from removing? Do they know I removed them (if so, I want to tell them why I removed them - especially friends - so they don’t think I don’t like them anymore).

I had 7 total. Got BG 15 the first day, BG 16 the second day. Just have fast fingers checking those boxes.

I had to check mine. At least the 6 I had to select were first in the list (I have 10 people not including myself in the list - It’s in Alpha Order by last name)

For Disneyland, we had 8 people and no problem getting the first BG of the day (Group 10 on 1/26). Everyone is already included in the group in DL though, no need to click or unclick people if everyone on your list is in the park. Those of us trying for a BG for the group (4 of 8 of us) made sure to delete all other friends and family from our accounts while we were waiting for the BGs to go live. We then added them back later if needed. Not sure that works in WDW on MDE though. Just want those reading to know that DL’s version is a bit different. For WDW visitors, deleting old friends and family from your MDE will increase speed on trying to get those low boarding groups.

1 Like

So with DHS about to move its opening time to 8am this week for the 1st time since RotR opened, do we anticipate any major differences or changes to the status quo? Even bigger crowds because that extra hours kip will be very appealing to those who value sleep over early morning queues? Less time in the day to get through regular BGs could maybe result in dropping those drop-off numbers even lower? Or do we think that Disney might even consider extending back to 7 now that they have got a reasonable rhythm going? Any thoughts?

Super curious about this too. Headed there on 2/6 and have been religiously following this thread. I feel there are pros and cons to the 8am opening. Can’t wait to see data on the new opening time.

1 Like

uhhhhh…:confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I arrive on 7th. Magic K on 8th First of HWs on 9th. Id LOVE them to make it a 7am Start

My experience today (Sunday 2/2): Arrived at security at 6:15, through everything and checked in by 6:35.

As soon as my second hand ticked over to 7, hit “My Status” and option to join BG was immediately available. Got BG 2! Single rider, guessing that helped. People next to me got 56, guy next to him got 75, poor woman in front of me was just mashing the Join Boarding Group button instead of My Status, by the time I noticed and told her it was too late :confused:

Was in the initial rush for Smugglers Run but they called group 2 at 7:19 so I headed over, finished the ride by 7:45, no hiccups/delays. Thanks to everyone in this thread for offering their advice!

4 Likes

Y’all - I did everything right except one thing and wound up with BBG 94. :frowning: We arrived at HS this morning around 6:10, got into the park with no problem, got coffee and situated ourselves on a bench. I opened the app to make sure it captured that we were there and then closed it back down. Right at 7:00:00, I opened the app and walked through the steps I had practiced over and over at home - “Find out more” - and then got stuck. It wouldn’t give either option on the next screen - neither “My status” or “Join Boarding Group”. I closed out the app and tried again about 3 times. I finally figured out too late that I was fighting for cell data with the other people there and the page just hadn’t loaded yet when I would close it out and try again. I finally used my patience and allowed it to load. By then, I got into the BBG.

Lesson learned. We’re going to try again tomorrow.

1 Like

Which cellular company do you have?