Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Wow!

12 minutes and all Boarding Groups closed today. :scream:

Sorry. I had a typo. Backup Boarding Groups were all gone by 7:39 today.

2 Likes

Thanks. That was making me nervous for my trip next week!

This is fantastic data! Thank you for creating this and tracking it. I know it’s a part of your job but it’s helpful and impressive!

2 Likes

Holy cow gone (for normal, not including backup) in 8 minutes on the 29th?!

4 minutes today.

Wow.

Holy smokes! Hope things settle down a bit by next time we go. Would be after the new Mickey/Minnie ride opens, so it might be even worse (continued high crowds).

This is insane. I hope BGs don’t disappear so fast next Monday. I’m worried now. Hopefully the winter vacation crowds will have cleared out some.

1 Like

Here is some data that would be super useful to me (and I suspect others) if it exists anywhere that anyone knows of…

A list of BG and the earliest time that BG has ever been called and also the time (or time range) it is most frequently called. I’m thinking the times would be in relation to park opening (Ex Opening +3 hours) as opposed to a clock time (Ex 10am).

I know it’s just a guesstimate with ride downtimes and whatnot, but it would still be super useful for me to try to coordinate FP, shows, and meals once we have our BG.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the data, @SteveBloom. This both highlights the need to arrive early and frightens me for our visit on Friday. Do you think the rapid exhaustion of boarding groups since 12/25 has been due to a massive increase in early morning crowds, or are they reducing the number of spots available in favor of more backup spots?

This thread contains charts with that information RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline - #1008 by Shellott_hill

1 Like

This may have been answered but I’m trying to spend time enjoying the parka and my family and not obsess in lines…

Do we know why BG numbers don’t start at 1 or 10 or any consistent number?

I have not heard an official reason why the BG starts with a random number. Also the threshold for Backup BG changes each day.

The information is also in my blog post: https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/12/28/rise-of-the-resistance-boarding-group-timing/

1 Like

Boarding Groups hide a lot of what is going on. I would assume that Boarding Groups are going faster due to the high crowds. Disney could also have shifted more Boarding Groups, to the Backup Boarding Groups.

1 Like

Well the ride has gone from 47% of capacity at opening to 70%+ of capacity now. I haven’t seen an up-to-date figure for the last few days.

I suspect the increase in the number of BGs being called is mainly due to the increased reliability of the ride. When it opened, if it went down it was taking anything from 90-120 minutes to get it back “online”; now the downtime seems to be far less.

Is there any data on how many people the ride is putting through each day? I mean, if the BGs are gone in 10 minutes, what does that translate to in people in front of me in line?

Boarding%20Group%20Chart%2020191231

2 Likes

Hey now, don’t play with me… Is this another typo that you’re fixing (I see you replying @SteveBloom)

Nothing official. In the Orlando Sentinel article, Len says the goal is 1,700 people an hour, but it hadn’t reached above 1,200 people yet.

2 Likes