Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Not that kind of scooter I don’t think!

Well, did ROTR, still made SDD (FP+), Droid Depot Reservation and now at Oga’s. So, still on schedule. Everyone agrees they want to get up at 5 am again on Friday to go again.

5 Likes

The strange jumps in Boarding groups is due to the change in Boarding Group return window. At 8:55 am return window changed from 60 to 120 minutes. At 4:32 pm return window changed from 120 to 60 minutes.

Between 2:02 and 2:57 no new BG were called. Likely a breakdown.

1 Like

11 Likes

After you tap in - do you have time to get in a rope drop position before the BG’s open?
Or do you put yourself at risk of not getting boarding group?

Depending on when we tap in I wanted to get us positioned as best as we could for RNRC. Then try to get BG and then book it to ride and hope its less than 30 min wait. Is that reasonable?

Yes there is time to get in RD position. They hold the ropes till after people grab BGs, then they drop ropes 2-4 minutes after official park open (at least they did on 14 and 16 Jan). However to get prime position you need to be very early to the park. We got inside taps at 0630 and still waited 40ish min to get on MFSR (probably not as bad for RnRC, but I’d suspect it won’t be a walk-on). The other day we waited 10-15 min for TSMM at RD, though we were there a bit later. HS trip report

1 Like

This morning, took the bus to Hollywood and arrived a little after 6:40a. Jogged to the no bags line and entered around 6:50. Got Boarding Group 4 for a party of 2. Galaxy S10+ on Verizon. I was thrilled! Best advice is to go thru the screens the day before to get familiar with what to press.

7 Likes

I wonder how runaway railway will effect rope drop and BGs. I am going just after it opens. My Disney day is March 10th and I only have one day.

Everyone did the BG thing and then they released the herds a couple minutes after. (We went to TSL)

Is an hour before official time early enough?

We didn’t leave our timeshare until 6 am (~13 min drive) had to put two scooters together and were still thru bag check & tap gates by 6:32 am. DHS is the quickest of the 4 parks for this process. We stuck to the right like everyone has mentioned.

1 Like

We were there on the crazy day the ride opened at 2pm. We were there at 5:45 am, through security and were like 20 people back from tapstiles. Tapped in and walked over to Sunset Blvd. We were right at the rope line there, got BG 84 (people next to us got 26 and 65) and immediately hightailed it to RnR and were on the second train! We immediately did ToT (posted time was like 30 minutes but in reality it was a lot shorter) then got onto Star Tours all by 8 am.

1 Like

Was there an earlier bus you could have taken or was this the earliest option?

I’m not sure if there was an earlier bus. We got on the bus that was already at the stop as we approached it. (all star sports) It was a packed full bus but I think it worked out perfect for us.

That’s great to hear. I’m staying at sports too but not until March. The more data I gather ahead of time the easier my studios morning will be.

We were in line during this time Jan 28 (BG 84). We stopped and did not move from 2 pm to 2:50pm. CMs handing out water, chips and bananas :grinning:. Were off the ride at 3:10.

I have a question. Practicing today at home reg boarding groups lasted about 2 min at 7am. But at 9:05am you can still obtain a backup boarding group. What kind of back up numbers are people getting at 9am?

I just saw this too. We will be there this Saturday and I just tried at 9:35 eastern time and could still get a backup boarding group. Do I really need to have all 6 of us at the park and scanned before 7 am to make sure we can ride the ride? (I am still assuming so).

Yes, and no. Yes, everyone must be in the park to obtain a BG for everyone in your group. But whether you have to be there before 7:00 is less certain. It is the safe bet. But you might still manage to obtain a Backup BG that is called if you wait until after 7:00.

Anyone have experience with “select all” with an under 3 child in the group? Will it allow them to be technically in the BG, even tho they wont be riding and didn’t get scanned in to park? Or do you need to select each individual person riding?
Trying to practice at home, but that is the one thing I dont know, do I select all or check us all? :slight_smile: