Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Do you have a preference for ridesharing: Uber or Lyft?

I have read it - what I mean is on the main page, you have the option of “My Status” or “Join Boarding Group” but before the park opens, Join Boarding Group is greyed out. When Boarding Groups become available to book, does the page automatically refresh so that we KNOW they’re available to book, whether we’re going through Join Boarding Group or My Status? Or do we have to keep refreshing that page waiting for it to go from Closed to Open?

2 Likes

It will not automatically refresh. The recommended way to refresh is tap My Status. It will refresh data from the server and take you to the next page, where you will see if Join a Boarding Group is available. You can try it now.

2 Likes

So in other words, you can’t tap “My Status” and then sit on that page, correct?
If I tap “My Status” and I can’t join a boarding group yet, I would have to tap the back arrow, and then tap “My Status” again to see if boarding groups are open.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Correct. Do not click “My Status” until right after BGs open (which lately has been 7:00:00am). That said, if the “Join Boarding Group” button is orange, that means it is active and go ahead and press it. Pressing “My Status” refreshes from the server so on the following page the “Join Boarding Group” button (in this case dark blue outline) will be active as long as it is after the issuance window is open.

See this post for step by step instructions with screenshots (specific to Disneyland app, but same process for WDW).

4 Likes

Wait. I thought if you were on the “My Status” page, you simply need to pull down from the top to refresh. I’ve seen video of it. It doesn’t seem necessary to back out and go back in?

3 Likes

I think that’s what is meant in the instructions here:

Refreshing the app is just pulling down on the page to force it to refresh.

3 Likes

Yes there are multiple ways to refresh, the fastest being @ryan1’s suggestion. I’ll update the wording.

3 Likes

Yeah, as others are saying, all you need to do is pull down on the “my status” page to refresh.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you for clarifying. One post above said you have to back out and hit “My Status” again and some folks responded “Yes”. I just wanted to make sure I understood. Thank you

2 Likes

We were in WDW this past weekend, and typically I go offline during vacation, so my info is going to be a little dated. Our ROtR day was Saturday 1/18. I didn’t know the ride went down on Friday, and it seemed to have gone down for a time before our boarding group was called, but am not positive. We were BG 96. When our group was called we were in Olgas so didn’t get in line right away. About an hour into the return period we got in the biggest line I’ve ever seen. It went down to the entrance to Muppets and back again, looping around a couple of cast members that acted as posts. One CM told us it was a 2.5 hour wait. I thought my DH was going to have a cow. The line moved the whole time and was about an hour. My recommendation is to respond to your BG call as soon as you can within your window. I’m guessing there were prior day FPP people in line. The general consensus was that they also called way too many boarding groups at once, making the line bonkers.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed that this week’s return to the 7:00 - 7:01 minute of craziness is due to Pro Bowl week, and that it gets back to a little more of a buffer like it had earlier this month. I wouldn’t have thought the Pro Bowl would make this much of a difference, but here we are.

1 Like

I think the biggest reason is that they have reduced to BGs down to 81-88 range.

Are the A-Team operators back from DL yet? That might be part of the reason for a smaller number of BGs. Once the “experts” are back, I can see then upping the number of BGs again.

1 Like

Has there been any issues using multiple devices with same credentials trying to get bg?

When I see it mentioned that groups have two or three people try to secure BGs on different devices, does each individual have a separate log in for the MDE app or use that same log in information? Like if my husband and I both try, should he have his own account or should he log in using my username?

Here we are guys, finally in Orlando and heading to DHS tomorrow morning. Praying that the good Lord is on our side and we are able to get a BG. I will try to make a post tomorrow once the craziness calms.

6 Likes

People have reported success in using the same login credentials on multiple devices to get a BG for the whole party. Others have reported similar success logging in under different but linked credentials, so both methods should work. I recommend trying to get a FP first to make sure the link up is working.

2 Likes

Today was again not a good day for RotR. MDE app said ride opened and started calling BG’s (10 and 11) about 8:40 AM, after a 7:00 park opening. However, talking to a CM, they had more maintenance problems, and never truly opened. Precisely one group got a ride cycle at 9:35 (which I happened to be on) before the ride promptly broke again. Lots of disappointed people.

I’m curious what highest BG was called today. It looked to me toward the end of the day, that they only got to 76 or so, which would be another very poor showing, if true.

That one ride cycle I got to experience in the morning, I could tell that something was wrong with the ride. There were several ride pauses, when the trackless vehicle would be waiting for a door to open or something, that got too drawn out, just sitting there, the low volume background music playing. Just as I was sure the ride had fully broken down and we’d get pulled out, the ride would start moving again. But it didn’t really detract from the experience. If I hadn’t ridden the ride before last week, I might not have known something was wrong. (the others riding with me for the first time didn’t seem to really notice)

1 Like