Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

This data is coming straight from the Disney app.

1 Like

I hate to point out things that I see as incorrect as I feel like I’m niggling with the sterling work of your daily reports for which I know a lot of us are grateful, therefore I hope you see it as a team pulling together to get the most accurate breakdown we can. So, todays BU threshold you have as 134 but the app has a much lighter load at just 88! Making it the smallest crop of BGs to date I think. It’s only mid afternoon now and they are already up to 122.

1 Like

No hurt feelings here. Keep it up. I want the information to be accurate. Table has been updated.

5 Likes

I wonder if Disney is trying to limit their liability?

I think this is definitely in response to the issues at DLR. I wouldn’t be surprised if they will keep lowering the threshold for “guaranteed” boarding groups.

1 Like

I have started a DL RotR data thread at: DL Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

I’m using a yellow background to keep the data straight

2 Likes

Tomorrow, CL drops to a 5 after the MLK holiday weekend. As well, the heat wave that Florida has been experiencing has gone away, and temperatures will PLUMMET tomorrow. Forecast temperature is 41 Fahrenheit at park opening of 7, won’t get above 50F until 11 AM, and high for the whole day will only be 56F. I’m hoping this has an effect on people rope dropping, and hopefully on the overall CL for the day as well. More Star Wars for me! (It’s my planned SW geek-out day, dressing up in my Jedi costume and everything)

4 Likes

Sounds perfect! Let us know how it goes!

Have you reviewed the rules about adults dressing up? Wouldn’t want you turned away!

This is interesting. I was there last week and we definitely saw some folks in robes with no issues!

Yeah, I’ve heard enforcement is very inconsistent. (See article comments.) That article was written about DL but the rules are supposed to be at both, I think. I’d just be prepared to be able to comply with any requests (ie, nothing you couldn’t take off if requested).

1 Like

So no commando robe

6 Likes

Going to DHS for one day between 3/9 - 3/12 and CL are high! Not staying on park resorts and initially picked 3/12 since CL was a 7, but if there is a possibility of free one day tickets and FPs due to potential problems with RotR, should we pick 3/11, although CL is 8? Have used TP a bunch of times before and you guys are great! Also, should we expect opening to change to earlier from 9 am? Thanks!

1 Like

Exactly. Disney’s guidance shows that “bounding” with a Jedi outfit is acceptable, as long as you don’t wear the robe. But yes, security is inconsistent, and often does allow people to wear robes. I asked the CM that was running the shop that sold Jedi robes, if the rule was still that you couldn’t wear robes, and she said “well… I see security letting people wear robes all the time. What they don’t want, is for you to be walking around with the hood up, obscuring your head and face.”

So I’m going to wear the full outfit, and maybe tuck the robe up underneath the tunic, or put it in a family member’s backpack as we go through security, just to be safe. Then put on the robe inside the park. If anyone raises a stink, I could easily just take the robe off. To be extra safe, I’m going to have a change of clothes in the car.

1 Like

I think the crux of the matter is they don’t want adults dressed in a way that a child might confuse as an actual CM.

4 Likes

Had no problem going through security this morning in full Jedi costume, holding the robe. Put the robe on once in the park, and having no issues. Getting lots of smiles from fellow guests and a few comments.

On the downside, had several Delays this morning, got a backup boarding group for RotR. It’s now 9:15, two hours and 15 minutes after park opening, and RotR STILL hasn’t opened and started calling boarding groups. TSM is also down. Not shaping up to be a good day. (But hey… I’m still in WDW!)

7 Likes

It’s now 4.5 hours since DHS opened today, and RotR still hasn’t opened. Something is definitely wrong with the ride today.

1 Like

This makes me nervous! We will be at HS on the 30th and 31st. I wasn’t really nervous until now!

1 Like

I’ll be there on the 29th. I really hope this doesn’t happen on my only HS day.

2 Likes

I’ll send positive thoughts your way! The 29th should be a decent crowd day at least (as well as my two days.) So i’m hoping it will all work out! Just need the ride to work :wink:

2 Likes