RIse of Resistance Question

We are going to be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this Thursday, February 24th. When I read the Unofficial Guide book, it seemed to urge getting to Rise of Resistance as soon as you enter the park, and using the early entry for Disney resort guests. I noticed they have not been utilizing the Virtual Que for this attraction. I made a custom plan for this day, and it’s telling me to go to ride this in the evening for shortest wait times. It just makes me a little nervous to wait until the end of the day and go in the evening. This is a ride we do not want to miss out on. Does anyone have some input for me on this? Has anyone had recent experience with this? I was all ready and read up on how to request a boarding group at 7am, but it’s not being used. Do we go right to Rise as soon as we get in the park, or stick with what the touring plan is telling me? Thank you for the help! So excited!

1 Like

I’d go rope drop. Make sure you get to park 45m before EPE. This way if the ride has issues you can always come back. If you’re super stressed and on property, get an ILL right at 7. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Are you willing to throw money at this problem (and staying at a Disney hotel)? If so, your best bet is to buy Individual Lightning Lanes for everybody.

If not, there are risks either way - going first thing might blow your early entry if it doesn’t start running right at opening, but if you leave it to the end of the night and it goes down then you’re out of luck.

4 Likes

If it’s a must do throw money at it and buy the ILL. I think I read somewhere here that there is a 7:17am drop to get if you don’t get right at 7am. If you don’t want to pay the rope drop strategy is the best vs waiting till park close, incase it goes down for the evening. If you aren’t onsite and don’t have access to early hours, be prepared to wait. The line is cool though! I broke my rule and waited an hour for this with a BG and it wasn’t terrible. If you have little kiddles with you it could be an issue though.

8 Likes

I echo those that say buy the Individual Lightning Lane. If that’s out of the question, then go during Early Theme Park Entry if staying on-property, or as soon as you are eligible to get in line. That’s the best way to guarantee you will get on, even if you have to wait a long time.

For repeat riders, going in the evening is an ok strategy.

4 Likes

I’m planning to pay for it at least once as we’ve never done it and DS is a huge SW fan.

2 Likes

We were there last week and I tried to buy it only to select the offered ride times and be told they were unavailable. I also read about the 7:17 drop after the fact or I would have tried again.

Anyway. I intentionally scheduled an evening followed by a morning at HS. We climbed into line for a “short” wait at 6:40 pm. The ride went down just after 7 and stayed down until just after 8. Standby didn’t move while they let all the ILL people on. But we finally were into the pre show by 9:10 and hustled to our 9:35 Oga’s reservation just a couple of minutes late.

TP predicted wait had only been 79 minutes, but we were prepared to wait out whatever was tossed at us.

So it worked out for us to get in the line at the end of the day. If it hadn’t worked we would have tried again for an ILL the next morning - even if it meant a random unplanned hop back to HS to make the time work. Without ILL success we would have climbed in the rope drop line. Which would have been miserable, because ROTR was down a long time.

3 Likes

I won’t throw additional money at something I have already paid for in a park ticket.

First thing in the morning is a good option if you are near the front of the pack.

Evening is a good second option. The only thing to worry about in the evening is if the ride breaks down. Now that Galactic Star Cruiser is up and running, I suspect the reliability of RotR will go up.

2 Likes

Why do you think this is? Reliability of the ride not going down or reliability of getting an ILL?

1 Like

Question- if you have DAS how would you handle RotR?. Do you try to get it the second you walk in the park and then RD ToT and RRC or do you rope drop RotR like everyone else?

2 Likes

My thought is that pressure from the powers that be will be higher now that the Star Wars Hotel is open. RotR is integrated into the story they are telling in the hotel. To have it not functioning or only half working would be frowned upon by those paying exorbitant amounts of money for their star wars story to be perfect.

2 Likes

Interesting thought though: WHEN it does fail, those guests will then have priority over every other single guest in the park, standby and ILL$ both, so that WHEN it fails your schedule will be thrown all the more off.

Le sigh.

3 Likes

I haven’t needed DAS but a lot of people here have. I don’t know how it works with the ILL rides. I thought you prebooked rides with DAS then got them as you go after that. If you can walk up and get it, I definately would early but maybe after RDing 1 or 2 other rides.

But CAN they actually fix the issues is the question. This should definitely be their priority.

1 Like

Just a note here - I haven’t updated the Genie+ drops thread yet, but the ILL drop has been fluctuating over the past few days anywhere from 7:15 to about 7:23. So if I were doing this, and I missed the 7:00 drop, I would start refreshing at 7:15 until it came up.

The good news is that a consistently comes back with a decent amount of times right around that those times and stays for a little bit. It looks like it might even be easier to get one at that time than at the 7:00 a.m. drop. I would still try for the 7:00 a.m. drop first, and then if that failed go for the 7:15 to 7:23 drop.

4 Likes

I think your plan is a good one. If you are using EEMH you will probably have to wait until the actual park open to get your RotR return time, but I have read reports on another board that you may be able to add it with a Customer Experience CM before park opening.

Just catching up on podcasts and WDW Prep has an episode, 297, on a pre then post trip report. The guest used DAS her plan was to RD RRC and ToT then use DAS pass for Rise (mainly bc they wanted to do SWGE at night). At about 78 mins in, she talks about her experiences with DAS and RD strategy if you want to hear her whole recent experience. At about 107 she starts talking about her HS day. It sounded like she could get Rise pass in the app. Hope this helps!
Episode 298 is DAS w/ G+ too, haven’t listened yet though.

3 Likes

Just back from trip Was in Epcot on the 22nd. Got ILL for ride later than we hoped but it was down when it was our turn and we got another time. Then it was down again when we went back. (Feb. 22). Whole trip was very tough to get on anything.

2 Likes

We just got back. The two days we were there, Rise did not open until the park opened officially. Once because the ride was down, but on our second day there it opened at 9 AM. Same with SDD. So what happens is, people use their early entry to get on line, which means the ride opens with a 90 minute wait already and climbs to almost three hours pretty quickly.

The first day, when the ride was down, we got out of line. The line was already 90 minutes and there was no guarantee the ride would ever go back online. About 20 minutes after we left, we noticed on the app, it was back up with only a 60 minute wait so we rushed over and was able to get on. I’m going to be a little controversial here, but even my Star Wars fan son did not think the ride merited a wait that long. We only got on it again because I got an ILL our second day there.

5 Likes