Rise of Resistance Boarding Groups on App

Any one know how to ensure you get in a boarding group for Rise of Resistance? Does it open up on the app at a specific time of day for that day only? If so what time? Midnight? Park open time?

2 Likes

You can join a boarding group only after your entire party has tapped into Hollywood Studios for the day. Great reference information in this thread: RotR Important Details and Opening Day Timeline

5 Likes

ok that’s a key piece of information. Good Stuff! Makes you want to get there mega early if possible.

3 Likes

Also from chat… they were supposed to open at 9 but opened earlier and all
Boarding groups were gone by 9. So yes go early!

1 Like

Yes, people are arriving 3hrs ahead of published opening time. By published time there’s nothing left. I’m hoping they will adjust this, but for now it’s “Bright Suns” as early as you can stand it!

2 Likes

Wow two days on the row and the boarding passes are gone by 9 am. At this rate if by Dec 17 the day we are going, nothing change, we will have to go to our Disney Hotel around noon, and then going back around 5 to continue the park. There is no way we can wake up at 3 am and enjoy the park all the way to the 9:00 pm.

2 Likes

If things continue roughly as they have so far, my advice is to arrive around 7:30-8:00am. There is no advantage to arriving earlier unless you need a morning BG. People who have arrived at that time have not had to wait at tapstiles or security and have immediately gotten a BG, albeit for afternoon or evening. Then, yes, you might be best off taking some time off in the afternoon.

Hopefully the BGs will run out a little later. Today was an anomaly because they had leftovers from the previous day to cycle through. If all BGs issued within a day are processed within that day, BGs should start to run out slightly later. Eventually, they won’t run out until a few hours past park opening (:crossed_fingers:) .

5 Likes

I was thinking that eventually (once the ride is consistently operational), WDW will monetize this ride’s popularity in some fashion either by a very pricey EMM or paid FP.

3 Likes

I expect they’ll roll privileged access into some kind of expensive package with the hotel.

1 Like

Have you seen if people are able to choose a time or do you just get whatever the next available is? Ex: if a family want to go to HS early to get the boarding pass, but wanted an evening time because that worked best with their plan for they day, can they select that?

It looks like you assigned the BG with no opportunity to choose.

You are given the next available BG when you apply for one in MDE. The only way to control which one you get is to keep applying and dropping until you get the number you want. If you want evening, you may have to wait till they are distributing in the 80+ range.

This morning on a different forum I saw a few people tried this and they were unable to book until the entire party tapped in to the park.

I have not heard this and on the contrary have only heard the contrary (BG available only upon tapping into park). But if you hear specific confirmation, let me know. Never hurts to try just in case though. :slight_smile:

I also saw some people were able to book whilst waiting in line but still just outside the park. I assume this depends on whether MDE can identify your location. So, if everyone in your party has a magic band and can be “tracked” as being in the vicinity of DHS, then you may be able to book whilst still technically outside.

However anyone without a magic band with RFID capability will not be able to be selected for a BG party until they have tapped in and their ticket is tracked.

I wouldn’t bank on being able to do it though until everyone is tapped in.

2 Likes