Ridiculous water shoe question for water parks (into the weeds now!)

just found an actual sneaker that works well in the rain (made for water aerobics) they look like regular sneakers. any idea if they will let me wear them on the water slides? i’d rather bring these than my water shoes but if i can’t wear them on the water slides/rides i’ll just bring the traditional water shoes.

1 Like

Would you want to? They don’t want you to wear shoes with a sole that might stick on the sides of the slide.

ETA: I don’t classify that as an “Into the weeds” question. If the question was about which shoelaces to use - maybe.

1 Like

Right. Do they allow water shoes to be worn at all on water slides? I think you might have to hold them, regardless. But I am not sure.

You have to hold them on body slides.

1 Like

Thanks, good point! I have a lot of trouble walking when I don’t wear my full orthotics and braces. I’m trying to figure out how to use just the orthotics for a full day of walking at the water parks. Since you don’t start snd end at the same place it’s tricky. Taking them off to hold would be fine the key is to keep them with me. I was thinking the sneaker type would be the most stable.

1 Like

Could you use something like this?

Thank you! I’ll check it out!

1 Like

I’ve always worn my Teva-ish sandals - feet need lots of cushioning - and have never needed to remove them. But I’ve never done the extreme tall slides either. Just the wimpy slides.

I wonder if it would be worth writing WDW an email and asking for their suggestions - they may have run into others who had similar problems before - or going to the disABILITIES! part of the disboards and asking if anyone there had a suggestion.

thanks! I’ll send my kid down the extreme slides and stick to the wimpy ones!

1 Like

That is a great idea! Thank you.

1 Like

One thought as someone that has worn ortho. for forever. How are you going to keep them from getting wet?

I bought silicone covers for the ones not connected to the braces and neoprene surf socks…I may be obsessing over this instead of facing the fact that I am making a major life change in 2 weeks​:joy::joy::joy::joy: