Rider Switch rides - 2 kids (under 7) with 1 adult

Frozen Ever After has no height requirement so rider switch is not needed/provided. But you CAN fit one adult and two kids easily in the row.

1 Like

Frozen Ever After has no height requirement so rider switch is not needed/provided. But you CAN fit one adult and two kids easily in the row.

Might not be required but RS is offered for Frozen

Barnstormer is a no
BTMRR is a yes (sit 3 in one row)
Space SHOULD be a Yes (3 people to a vehicle, 1 behind another, I rode with 2 kids, 8 and 6 y/o)
Splash is Yes (sit in 1 row)
Stitch - Closed
Speedway - yes if you can fit in 1 car)

Yes to all at Epcot

1 Like

Aliens - yes (sit in one car together)
RnRC - no
SDD - no
Star tours - yes
ToT - yes

1 Like

FoP - yes
Dinosaur - yes
Primeval whirl - probably yes, 48" height requirement

1 Like

I may not understand the question here. Rider swap’s purpose is to leave a person behind who can’t or won’t ride a certain ride while allowing those that will ride a certain ride the ability to go on it. (Two adults, one kid. One adult rides Space Mountain while the other hangs back with the kid. They then swap places afterwards so that the second adult can ride Space Mountain.) In your scenario, you have one adult and two kids under 7. So you’re going to go on a ride with one of your kids and leave the other kid unattended and then swap kids when you get off and then leave the other kid unattended? Sorry, but I’m confused. If that’s the case, I don’t think you should leave a child of any age unattended. In your situation, if you can’t all ride together at the same time, then you just don’t go on it.

I thought the question was "which of these rides can 1 adult and 2 6 year olds ride together? "

1 Like

I thought the question was "which of these rides can 1 adult and 2 6 year olds ride together? "

Correct. Either because you are alone with 2 kids <6 or to optimize FPP for the kids to make them go on the rides twice.

1 Like

If you aren’t already thinking about this, just be aware, there are other rides where a family of 5 can have problems. I’m assuming based on your other post that one of your kids will be held by a parent on rides (8mo I think you posted), but if not, riders like Dumbo can be a tight fit for 3 unless the adult is on the skinny side.

This is so helpful! Thank you! I would love to see this information for all rides, not just RS eligible. What attractions can a parent go on with two young kids, and what ones are not possible?

If you aren’t already thinking about this, just be aware, there are other rides where a family of 5 can have problems. I’m assuming based on your other post that one of your kids will be held by a parent on rides (8mo I think you posted), but if not, riders like Dumbo can be a tight fit for 3 unless the adult is on the skinny side.

As far as I understand I can have the 8month old on the lap on these kind of rides like Dumbo or Astro Orbiter or is that wrong?

This is so helpful! Thank you! I would love to see this information for all rides, not just RS eligible. What attractions can a parent go on with two young kids, and what ones are not possible?

Shall I add them here or shall we make another threat for the “No hight requirement” rides?

How old are the kids?
The reason I ask is because you may need to consider the height requirements on some of the rides you listed.

I believe that is correct.

Astro Orbiter may be a little different because of the seating arrangement where it is one long seat where the child sits between your legs in front of you. That’s another where fitting 3 can be a tight fit, but is possible.

1 Like

My big ones are 5 and 3. We will double check their hights before I make our fast pass selections. But I guess both will be >40" (102cm) I struggle with the american metrics as I am from Europe.

I was so worried about this on our trip, since we had 3 6-year-olds, but it was almost a non issue except for the two times it was just me and them - and then we all fit into one vehicle - either squeezed into the same row (think little mermaid or haunted mansion, or two littles in the front row and me and the third in the back with me (think Winnie the Pooh, magic carpets). I did not try to take them on any roller coasters on my own since I knew that would cause problems.

Otherwise we always split them between 2 adults and sometimes my 12 year old would ride with one and rarely was asked her age. I think. Probably the only time we really got lucky with this was EE, but I can’t see that being a ride for a 3 and 5 year old.

My then 4 year old was not allowed on Mission Space to her big disappointment. I would first cross off the rides where height restriction may be a problem.

Completely understand the metric conversion troubles, as I also grew up with metric system :grinning:

1 Like

Millennium Falcon and Rise of the Resistance seat 6 and 4 people respectively, so should not be a problem seating-wise.

1 Like

This could also be considered a solo parent with 2 kids under 7 question. I remember a single mom (or a mom traveling solo) asking about these logistics a few months ago so I think compiling all the info would be incredibly helpful.

Kali is a yes. EE is No, seats 2 per row.