Rider Switch Recent Experiences?

I am hoping to hear some feedback from any recent trip-goers relative to rider switch. Any advice or tips? We won’t need it for all rides but DS6 will chicken out on some of them.

Biggest question is: do we go straight to the podium or do we get in line and ask for it when the line gets to the podium? With such long lines etc I want to make sure we are not wasting time trying to figure out where to ask for the switch.

I have not, but I would recommend talking to a CM at the ride entrance before waiting in line. That’s how it always worked in the past and from all indications, the process is basically the same, other than some workarounds for COVID.

1 Like

Thank you! I see the wisdom in this, especially because on our last trip (pre-COVID) the RS procedures weren’t always consistent from ride to ride.

1 Like

I didn’t use rider switch, but pretty sure you have to wait in line until you get to area where the CM stands/where the old FPP taps are). There seemed to be lots of people in the lines with small children until we go to the part where you enter the original ride queue, then they stepped to the side. I know for sure on ROTR at HS that is how it worked.

1 Like

Thank you, this helps bc I really dont want to waste time trying to figure out where to be. Main rides of concern are the coasters and TOT.

1 Like

Hopefully some others who were there with small kids will chime in to let you know for sure.

1 Like

I know that at least for EE in AK there was a separate area for DAS or RS. It was kind of across from the entrance to the queue and near the lake where you could watch RoL. I think some you wait in line for and get nearer the ride and others you get at one of these places like I saw. I’d be sure to ask before going through the whole line for sure.

2 Likes

We used it last week. Not every ride, but a handful. Each time there was a CM at the main entrance dedicated to RS and DAS that would scan the MBs or cards of the adult and any second riders (up to 2 were allowed last week, but we have been allowed 3 in some cases in the past). DW would get in line and I would take the second riders or just their MBs, get set up, then grab the baby and go have fun while they waited in line. Bwahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

awesome!!

thank you for sharing your experience!