Ride Harnesses

Say I want to wear a dress/skirt to the parks. Are there any rides where the harness would be hampered by a long dress? I’m remember a ride - maybe at Six Flags in Chicago, where the harness pulled down over your head and clipped in.
Oh. Maybe Soarin’ does it? Any others?

1 Like

Doctor Doom’s harness is similar to Soarin’ IIRC.
VC also clips into the middle of the seat.

1 Like

Just hike it up!

2 Likes

The one for Soarin’ is mostly for small riders, such as children, to keep them from slipping down and out. But since you posted in the Universal section, I assume you’re mainly interested in Universal?

That could be entertaining! I’m tall, and I was thinking about bringing a couple ankle-length dresses. :flushed:

1 Like

Actually both. We’ve been to Disney before, so I can kind of remember what’s there - except for the newest rides. We’ve never been to Universal, though, so that’s why I posted here.

1 Like

DD wore a long-ish dress on our last UOR trip. She was fine on VC, even Dr. Doom. I didn’t ride that one and I located her on the ride by seeing her pink dress flapping lol. Nothing was showing…

1 Like

This article has photos of all ride seating at WDW.

FOP and Tron have motorcycle-style seating, so you’d need a wider skirt or just hike it up. :grimacing: Or, on Tron, sit in one of the few non-motorcycle-style seats at the end of a “train.”

2 Likes

Hagrid’s doesn’t clip into the seat, but there is a bar kind of between your legs where it pushes the lap bar thingy into you.

4 Likes

I just did a google search, and it looks like VC is the same?

Those seem OK with a dress - as long as there’s no physical clip, I’d think it would be fine.

2 Likes

VC and Hagrid are a bit different.

VC comes down from above your head and meets with a bit sticking up in the middle of the seat. I see from the pic though that it’s not a clip, it just locks into place.

Hagrid’s comes at your lap from in front of you so a bar remains in the footwell.
If you can find a picture it will likely be easier to see. I don’t think I’m explaining it very well.

On both, if you wore a skirt it would get trapped in the within the grip of the harness.

1 Like

I’ve hiked my calf length A-line skirt up for Hulk. For VC, I only needed to make sure it didn’t get caught while getting to my seat. No issues with the skirt for Hagrids.

2 Likes

Yep - that’s the kind of harness I was thinking about. OK. No skirts on Hulk day. :smiley:

2 Likes

You will be fine with a dress on VC. Nothing that clips between your legs (but your skit might blow up!). If you are riding the motorcycle on hagrids it could be a bit tricky and would require a hike up just to sit on it if the dress is not flowy enough

I am wearing a dress that has built-in shorts every day they were there. It was not a big deal in July. Then again, it does have shorts and I’m not the most modest.:joy:

I do the same with my shorter dresses/skirts! If I wear something short, it’s kind of a “whatever” to me. But I was looking at my clothes, thinking about packing, and realized my two favorite outfits are LONG dresses.

1 Like