Retirement (Oogie Boogie) Bash! - with DAS semi-live

Exciting!! :blush:

4 Likes

Eeek! This is where the fun begins!

4 Likes

We need to get dinner and decompress. I may add more later.

:tada::tada::tada:

25 Likes

I’m arriving a bit late but am sooo excited for you two!!:heart::heart::heart: Have all the fun. It is going to be a Magical day :blush:

9 Likes

GCH is the BOMB! Enjoy!

4 Likes

In line for DCA at GCH

Not quite as early as I wanted but still in line before ee starts

26 Likes

In line for racers

9 Likes

SUCH a great ride.

Which goes to show you how far theming goes because it’s not different from TT at WDW but I’ll skip TT every time and would on the other hand rank RSR one of my fave rides on either coast

14 Likes

Absolutely.

Literally transports me into Carsland. From the time I saw the photos for RSR, until I got onto it decades later, it called my name.

8 Likes

Have a magical day! Thoroughly soak it in!

6 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes

Love this picture! So adorable. Have a great day!!

7 Likes

I love the Arizona desert. That theming alone makes me love it - especially at night.

@OBNurseNH I completely agree. DD loves test track. I would easily skip it, but would never skip RSR. Ever.

8 Likes

Popping in to say we are having a great day. Slightly different from planned but still great. I will update more later.

Some pics

25 Likes

Dinner at Cafe Orleans. Patio seat with prime people watching spot!!

FYI not reading until we get back to room so I can use my iPad

18 Likes

First Mint Julep! Yum! We both approve!

They are currently putting Fantamic lights up!

16 Likes

I love Cafe Orleans! Good choice. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

you made it! so very happy for you and dh! enjoy every bit of everything!

4 Likes

Travel Day 10/28

Really went pretty smoothly, but was reminded that traveling is tiring. Flying is tiring. It’s also ridiculous that to get what I feel is minimally acceptable leg room you have to pay more. I’m glad it’s offered, but it’s sad that that is what’s become of the experience on planes. DH absolutely needs those extra inches.

When did “turbulence” become “rough air”?? That was so jarring. Like are people too dumb to understand the word turbulence? Or is it too scary of a word? Like WTF? Just very odd.

Wheelchairs at airports. We added through the Delta app to have DH have a wheelchair at all airports. Best. Decision. We will never not do this. DH could save his energy instead of waste it walking long distances that would tire him out. All 3 airports were excellent with this!

@OBNurseNH and @FOMOm_VA and any other TAs I think I have a really good car service for LAX. I’ll let you know at the end how things go but it’s flat rate and our driver was excellent. If our return trip is as good I will be doing a yelp review and I never do those! It wasn’t perfect but a small direction error was handled very professionally and was something that could have happened to anyone (I was watching the signage and I would probably have made the same error).

Arrival at GCH. Because we used a car service we were directed (by multiple CMs with those lit direction waver things) to a darker lit area to the left of the huge (mostly empty) lit covered drop off area. As we gathered ourselves after a long day of travel we needed to maneuver our bags and carrying 2 canes to the lit area. There were at least 4 CMs in the area that weren’t helping other guests but no one jumped to action as we emerged from the car service area. About 10 feet into the lit area I asked loudly in general if someone could help us?! One younger CM immediately then moved to help us. But this was in stark contrast to how people with their own cars were greeted with luggage trolleys and very different from how we were greeted with a car service at YC in June 2021. I will not be complaining because it seemed to be how it’s done and I’m not wasting my energy but I wanted to make people aware. It was not the best first impression.

We then had to get our 2 ECVs and that went fantastically! Also, GCH is gorgeous. I haven’t taken many pictures of it yet but will on a resort day. I will also do a room review at the end of our trip.

18 Likes

Pro ECV tip: remove the arms. It keeps you from having at raise and lower the arm rests which gets annoying and makes the unit a little bit narrower which can be very helpful. Now of course only do this if you don’t use them. We did this at WDW and now here and it really helps us because we would bang into them etc.

You do need to remember to put them back on and you need to have an area to store them. Here are pics.

10 Likes