Resort transportation issues have me spooked so I rented a van. How does handicap parking work?

I’ve been reading WDW has been having some transportation issues. I’m taking my parents, grandmother, DW and DD7. Grandmother needs an EVC. Pre-covid I had planned on exclusively using the buses from Boulder Ridge. Out of an abundance of caution I rented a van after reading some issues with the buses and long waits for ubers. Also there’s no minivans if something happens.

Since I originally planned on not having a vehicle how does driving around work? I’m staying at a DVC and it says resort parking and standard parking is included for parks. If I intend on using her handicap card should I pay the extra to upgrade to “Preferred parking”? It says parking shuttles are not running so I’m really concerned about the logistics of getting from resort to park and back.

Thanks,

I think if you show her blue badge they will direct you to disabled parking with no need to pay for preferred parking. But it’s been a while and we never actually ended up driving.

1 Like

“Guests with a valid disability parking permit may follow the signs to the parking locations near the front of each theme park lot.”

1 Like