Resort-to-resort reservations

Oh! How did I miss your new title?

1 Like

It’s about a week or so old now.

I’ve walked our luggage three times to Bell Services for transfers without issue. I like the freedom of leaving when we are ready and it is no issue physically.

We are going to do AKL-Poly-CB(one night - cheap flight = ‘free’ night stay). I find it relatively easy to RD on moving day. A downside to RD and then hitting the pool at the new resort is your stuff might not be there yet. If you did not have a stroller it would be tough to lug around bathing suits, a comb, etc. at the park.

I walked mine multiple times as well but one issue and you learn. AKL to Poly and AKL did not send my luggage. A liner that happened to be a CM helped me. Fortunately I did have my receipt. My failure was that the “ticket “ was not created by the CM that I handed my bags to. If the liner did not make the phone calls directly to them (now it goes through a call center) my luggage would still be there. When you call bell services from your room that call is logged and the tracking begins there. For example, I called from my room at AKL when I was transferring to WL. WL was able to quickly locate my luggage that AKL sent to FW because it was in the system. I actually do not know if AKL has ever sent my luggage correctly.

1 Like

All this chatter after the initial posts saying it couldn’t be easier is convincing me that I probably won’t give it a try. Sounds like it COULD be easier, actually, and a bit of a hassle if things don’t go smoothly.

I also think about cases where, perhaps halfway through a day we just want to take a break and head back to the room for nap. That’s, obviously, off the table. So, unless saving significant money becomes an absolutely necessity, I’m no longer seeing it as much of an advantage. The hassle isn’t really worth being able to experience different resorts.

I appreciate all the input here, though, since it helped to confirm for me that it isn’t something I’d likely do.

The thing is that many many people do split stays every single day and I have rarely heard about troubles.

I’d do it. In fact, if we go in Aug/Sept, we probably will have to do it owing to availability

2 Likes

lol, it may not be for everyone. I have two trips planned in 2019. Both will be split stay and the second one will have a cruise in the middle!

THIS. You have to call and tell them you are there at resort 2 and they will bring the luggage up.

I’m definitely going to be testing the system. I’m switching from the Poly to YC and I’m not travelling to YC with my luggage just to transport it. That’s going to eat up way too much time.

It seems the smart money is on calling Bell Services to get my luggage collected from the room. That seems slightly annoying because of the potential to have to wait around for them to pick it up.

2 Likes

Be ready and call as soon as possible.

3 Likes

brilliant!

We’ll definitely test the system on our trip in Nov-Dec. We’re doing a 10 resort split stay! I’ll make sure to call from the room every time.

1 Like

We did ASSp to BC and it was very easy. We walked luggage to bell services at ASSp but will probably call when we split stay in Nov (BC to Pop). Arrived at BC after getting room ready text, call bell services and luggage arrived within 5 minutes. We used packing cubes to make transfer packing easier.

1 Like

Which 10? :slight_smile: we are doing POR - Poly - BLT in Oct.

We’ll be at:

Pop 1 night
BC 6 nights
Poly 5 nights
BW Villas 5 nights
AK Villas (Jambo) 6 nights
GF Villas 4 nights
BLT 4 nights
BW villas 6 nights
WL 5 nights
BC 1 night

We’ve been to Pop, Poly & AKV before but the others will all be new experiences.

You have to tell us more about this trip!

My family started out like you, planning a once in a lifetime trip to WDW.

In 2014 we planned our one trip to WDW (as part of a larger trip including Toronto, NY and Washington DC) and we thought that would be it. It’s a big trip & costs a fair bit coming from Australia. My FIL was travelling with us which was great, but we got to the end of it & thought how great it would be if we came back to WDW but with just the four of us next time (me, DH DD now 14 & DS now 12).

Our next trip in 2016 we visited WDW & Universal in Flordia and we also went to San Francisco & New Orleans. Part way through that trip we started thinking how great it would be to experience Christmas at WDW.

The original plan was to fly over for about three weeks (WDW only since we’ve had enough of Universal for now) and not travel anywhere apart from Orlando. Somehow the trip kept getting longer as we planned, so by the time we booked our flights it had turned into a six week trip! We were also planning to stay off site for most of the trip, but we managed to convince ourselves that the convenience of staying on site would offset the cost and it will be great for the kids to be able to just catch a bus or walk to the parks if they feel like going without us.

We wouldn’t normally go so crazy, but we inherited a bit of money at just the right time, so we’re very thankful for that. We also managed to get our flights over on points in business class which we’ve never flown before so that will be awesome. Sadly the trip home will be economy but you can’t have everything.

We’re also already planning our next trip around the end of 2021 for the 50th & Star Wars, but that trip will be less over the top.

3 Likes

Imagine if you were planning such a trip? Pretty sure TP would break

5 Likes

Pretty sure @profmatt would break!

2 Likes

With a trip of that length, do you necessarily need to plan?

My endless changing of my plan (whoops — did I just admit to changing my plan?) arises precisely because time is so limited. It’s all about fitting as much as possible in.

But with six weeks, you can just wake up and think, “What do I feel like doing today?”

You’d definitely want some primo ADRs and FPPs, but it could actually just be a very easy-going schedule.

Interested to know how @LandDownUnder is going to plan the detail of the the trip.

4 Likes