Resort-to-resort reservations

@SteveofEngland is very relaxed with his trips, I think he just did 25 days or so and he barely plans at all.

I know I would still plan!

It’s surprisingly difficult to plan. Even though we won’t always be planning full park days, we still need to know which park we think we’ll be in for a lot of the days, especially AK & HS so we can get the good FPPs when it’s time.

We already have a rough plan for a large part of the trip & have been making ADRs each time a window opens (which is 8pm here so it’s been really easy). We have at least one day where we plan to do all 4 parks. I have a spreadsheet that I’m gradually adding detail to. This is an extract:

We’ll do TPs for the parks at some stage, but I think it will be a fairly relaxed trip.

3 Likes

so amazing!!!

Question @LandDownUnder are you using/renting DVC points? I think most of your resorts have DVC options. Just curious how you booked the multiple resorts. My family (kids) LOVE the 30 stays in 30 days videos from the Bucket List Family so when I tell them someone is doing something similar they will want to know when we are going to do it LOL :slight_smile:

Yes @zetafivealpha we are renting points from an owner at BWV, VGF, AKV & BLT. Pop, Poly, BC & WL are booked through MVT & are standard rooms, not DVC.

The VGF & AKV are 1bd villas, the 6n BWV is a 2bd villa & the other BWV & BLT are studios.

1 Like

It looks like the bucket list family made it really fun for their kids, but it looked like it was a lot of hard work for them. The stay in the castle may have made it all worth it though!

1 Like

I know right? I may have cried a bit when they got to the end lol

Your trip sounds so wonderful! I will look forward to following along!

As a side note, our trip is MVT for POR, then DVC rental for Poly and BLT :slight_smile: Maybe one day we will extend it like yours!

This is definitely a one-off for us and is only happening because we have extra money at the moment. I feel a bit guilty every time I think about how much we’re spending on accommodation (although I keep reminding myself it’s less than half what we’d pay booking direct).

Last trip we did 1 night Pop, 5 nights Poly DVC and 15 nights at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The trip before we did 3 nights AKV and 10 nights WBC. Next trip I’m sure we’ll be back to a shorter trip with mostly off site unless we win lotto!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy POR, Poly & BLT. How long is your stay?

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty! I think it’s awesome that you’re taking the opportunity to create these memories. Our stay seems like a blink compared to yours though - only 8, maybe 9 days. We have friends living in Orlando who we can stay with on the evening of day 8 if we decide to stay. I keep adding days on as I can sweet talk my DH into it lol. Our kids are so fun there at this age I would stay a month if I could! DD will turn 7 right before our trip, DS1 is 5 and DS2 is 4 this will be their second trip (my 8th!). We are coming from TN though so nothing compared to your travel time. DH wants to visit your neck of the woods on our next big trip!

You really should visit Australia. Our dollar is dropping too so it would probably be nearly as cheap as visiting Disney!

Yes! We hope to soon maybe within the next few years. :slight_smile: If you have any advice on planning I will take it! :slight_smile:

If we want to do a split stay with free dining is that possible? Since it’s a package, is there a way to prevent needing to pay tickets again from the start? And what happens to Fastpass booking windows?

If you want to do a split stay with free dining the only way it really works is to get free dining on the first part and then a room only, with discount, on the second part. You then add extra park days to your free dining tickets. Do not do it the other way! I see @Nicky_S answering too- so I will wait to add anything!

1 Like

Answering backwards …

Your fastpass window will cover your whole stay.

Now the not so good news. If the free dining includes the need for a package, then a split stay becomes more expensive, since each resort stay is a different package, and each will need tickets.

It wouldn’t hurt to ask if a ticketless package would qualify, but I’m 99% certain the answer is no.

Another option is to bite the bullet and buy two sets of MYW tickets so that you qualify for free dining, and save one set for another trip. If the first ticket covers the length of both stays, you can use those tickets for this trip and move the others to dummy friends (like Momx, Dadx) to save them.

In that scenario, the FP bookimg window should stay open for the whole trip at 60 days out from the first resort stay.

1 Like

So if you but a room-only
and MYW tickets, that should qualify for free dining? How does that actually work, like, on the website? Like what buttons do you press?

So Amazing! If I could get this much time out of work and the money to pay for it I would do it! What an incredible experience - so much time in the bubble!!!

I would love to be able to stay at so many great resorts! I do Pop, because it is the nicest of the cheap places LOL - and I can’t justify spending more on accommodations when I will spend almost all of my time in the parks - if I was able to do a longer trip where I could spend time at the hotel I think I would splurge on it.

I think you’d be better to phone.

No, a minimum stay and minimum PH tickets are required for a free dining. You can start your stay with free dining plus tickets that cover both stays but your second resort must be either room only or a room plus dining ( ticketless packages). You can get a room discount on the 2nd stay. It is really important that the free dining be the first stay so that you can make fast passes. Your tickets can extend after your stay but never open early. Buying two sets of tickets and rack rate at two resorts will cost you a lot extra.

1 Like

Yes, we will have plenty of time to spend at the resorts. We’re arriving and leaving during the two really busy periods, so we’ll probably spend less time in the parks then and more during the slightly less busy parts of the trip.