Resort Recommendation for Holidays

Looking to head back to WDW possibly for a solo trip for the holidays (still can’t decide between October or early December) & was wondering where you would recommend. I LOVE the Wilderness Lodge, especially during the holidays, but am wondering if it’s worth 2-3 times more that staying at the French Quarter. Am wondering if it’s worth the splurge to stay at the WL ($8.000+), ore rent points to a DVC location or if I’ll be just as happy at POFQ (got to love those beignets!!!).

• Wilderness Lodge
  • Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Polynesian Villas (Rent Points)
  • Boulder Ridge (Rent Points)
  • Beach Club Villas (Rent Points)

0 voters

2 Likes

WL (or BR) at Christmas is THE dream. Polynesian is a close 2nd.

3 Likes

I’d save the money, and just do a resort tour so you can see the decorations everywhere. So I chose the French Quarter.

Having said that, I’d LOVE to stay in Wilderness Lodge in general just for the overall vibe.

3 Likes

We stayed in WL the last time we went during Thanksgiving week. It’s amazing and the holiday decorations are absolutely the best. As a side note - we did our Disney Fine Art Photography shoot at WL and it turned out awesome. Such a pretty place with so many photo opportunities.

All that being said, when we go back we are going to stay offsite to save money. If the choice is stay at POFQ and save money or WL, I’d first have to ask what your priorities are. If you go every few years or so, I’d save the money. If it’s once in a lifetime trip, then splurge. As for me and my family, when we go back, we will save as much money as possible and cut corners where we see feasible.

1 Like

I go every few years & am hoping all the construction at EPCOT is done by then

1 Like

Personally I would love to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter someday - it’s on my bucket list…

@ryan1 has a huge point- anywhere you stay you can visit the other resorts without issue to see the decorations. We like making ADRs for early dinners/late lunches at resorts we aren’t staying at. The resorts IMO generally have better TS food and ADRs are easier to get.

3 Likes

if that’s the case, if it was me and my budget, I’d stay at the lower cost option.

1 Like

I absolutely love FQ but don’t know what it’s like at Christmas.

1 Like

I picked BR and point rental because it will most likely be close in cost to FQ and it is WL.

My 2nd choice is not on your list: YC. I love those Christmas decorations.

3 Likes

WL is amazing at Christmas but I think I’d save the money, stay at POFQ and have a meal at WL.

1 Like

Remind me: is that this year?

I’d like to say you’ll have a choice if it is, but I think if you’re going this year you’ll have to take what you can get.

Since you mention October I’m hoping you mean next year (I’ve forgotten - I’m old).

2 Likes

this would be for next year. completely forgot to add that to the original post

2 Likes

Then you’re good LOL

Book as early as possible though!