Resort Parking Fee

I’m still shocked that parking at Disney Springs is free.

Has anyone seen if the “free” DVC parking is a Membership extra or are us 3rd class resale buyers included?

A friend who seems to be very much in the know says that as an owner of DVC you own a piece of the parking lot(s). So that you cannot be charged a fee whether you are direct or resale owner - as an owner you own that space for your use according to the bylaws. I guess if they separated the parking lot from the DVC ownership - selling it off and dispersing the funds from the sale to the owners according to their stake of ownership - they could then do what they wished. But it sounds like that would be very messy and that as a result it is highly unlikely to happen.

I asked because we are near to buying resale.

1 Like

Disney Springs is a different model. They are trying to get as many people off property as possible to come and shop there. The more people who come, the more they spend, etc. Charging for parking would keep people away.

2 Likes

Charging for resort parking may have the same effect. :wink:

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. That makes sense! The WDW site is also worded pretty vaguely and I think they call out the “membership extras” now whenever they can.

This kind of actually makes me a little mad that we bought our DVC. Our primary intention was to basically lock in our hotel rates as I envision the hotel prices to only sky rocket with TSL and Star Wars land. But it is just ridiculous how much cheaper off-site and this just makes it more attractive. Ugh.

1 Like

Well if you’re staying on site as DVC you shouldn’t be impacted by the parking fees.

Which is good, because there are some cases in which we would want to have a car on site when staying DVC.

who knows. it’s getting crazy.

This! I don’t mind any of the upcharges for events, as you can do them or not and it will not change your trip much. But this, especially charging more to park at deluxe than value, really makes me mad. This is strictly a money grab.

5 Likes

No, I know. It just makes me mad for some reason. This isn’t Boston, they have giant parking lots that I’ve never seen full to capacity (value/mod) and it is gosh darn convenient with a small child to park inches from your room and leave your stroller in the car!

I still envision us staying at POR or AoA every once in a while. I guess I will just have to wait until I’m beyond car seats and can Uber!

2 Likes

It is weird though because it says no free if staying at a DVC resort, even if not using points?

1 Like

So when you stay on site you are paying into a system that includes “free” parking at the parks and “free” MDE. Everyone pays this. So the people that drive to the hotels but not to the parks are basically paying for MDE that they don’t use. They also aren’t saving by getting free parking at the parks. Now not only do they have to keep paying for MDE that they won’t use…they have to also pay to park at the hotel!!

1 Like

Huh?

This is why I’m so mad!!! I live in FL, so I have to drive! I have an AP, so I already get free parking at the parks, but I rarely use it. We stay on property, but use Disney transportation or occasionally an Uber to get everywhere. Now I’m going to have to pay for my car to just sit in the parking lot & people flying in will get free transportation to their resort.

2 Likes

“Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.”

I read this as DVC members will not pay for parking at any DVC villa whether on points or not; but WILL pay for parking if staying at any other resort NOT on points.

2 Likes

The one site I read said the Fort will allow the one car/vehicle per camping unit. But to that end, there’s not extra upkeep because it’s not a separate space/lot to park. It’s just part of the camping area (hopefully that makes sense)

I think she meant “no fee” instead of “no free.”

1 Like

Campsites only.

Cabins do not seem protected from fee

That is how I am reading this:

I think there is just confusion because your original post says “no free” instead of “no fee.”

So I don’t get your question…

Yes, but if I pay cash for a DVC room, I do not pay for parking. I can stay at a DVC resort and park for free. Are you saying my deed gives me rights at all DVC resorts? All the time?