Resort Bound Grandpa

It wasn’t that long ago that all tickets were non-expiration.

4 Likes

Agreed. Super annoying.

You could try and make it about saving money. A 10-day PH ticket around the time of your trip is about $650, right? And a one-day PH ticket is about $190? So if there are at least 4 days in your trip that you’ll want your dad there (a couple of ADRs and a couple of days that the kids really want their grandpa there, or something) it will save money to get the 10-day ticket in advance. Oh, especially if you can get a discounted ticket beforehand, that’ll increase the savings of getting a 10-day ticket in advance. If your dad is anything like mine (and it sounds like he might be), he’ll be all about planning ahead and saving money.

The tax idea sounds good. Just another angle to try if it doesn’t fully convince him.

2 Likes

The kind of logic I love. More Disney is actually cheaper!

3 Likes

Yeah. It is kind of like graphing a logarithm.

1 Like

Exactly. You should see all of the money I save shopping around Black Friday! I’m so frugal :wink:

3 Likes

So true. My wife and I go through this all the time where she tries to justify buying something because it’s such a good sale, and I counter with that it’s always cheaper yet to not buy it at all. Then I completely surrender that position and start justifying WDW trips as being needed. :grin:

4 Likes

DH always tried to inform me that a sale causing me to make a purchase I wouldn’t make otherwise isn’t actually saving me money. What does he know?! :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m impressed. You sure you’re not a lawyer in your off time? You’re deductive reasoning and your moderator skills are seriously next level impressive.

2 Likes

Dude, in all the times we went to Disney as kids, my dad never once went. He hates traveling unless it’s to get in a boat, and disney is literally his worst nightmare. My DH has a similar hatred for disney, and I try to convince him to just let us go without him, but he is very much of the mindset that family vacations should be the entire family.

1 Like

Bahaha!! The last time my parents came to WDW with us was in January of '19. We stayed at the Poly and my dad took any excuse he could to get on the resort boats!

He has definitely mellowed over the years and isn’t as into theme park stuff anymore but he is actually the reason I think I love taking my kids to Disney so much. When my sisters and I were kids we’d get season passes to Six Flags and he’d take us all the time. In the summer he’d leave work early, drive home to get us at like 4 and make the trek to the park and we’d ride and ride until the park closed. We’d always make a point to ride the carrousel as our very last ride. Every visit without fail it seemed. It was right by the park exit and was the perfect way to tie up the night. Those trips with my dad and my sisters hold such fond childhood memories.

9 Likes