Our next trip is in 62 days! Woot! It was going to be my parents, my kids and I but my mom has decided to bow out. She has an EXTREMELY low mask tolerance and doesn’t think she’d be able to enjoy the trip at all. I’m sad and tempted to try to beg her to come because she loves Disney and we had to cancel our adults only trip for her 65th last September but I’m not because I know she’s trying to only come if she can comply with the rules which I appreciate.
So, it’ll now be me, my 4 kids and my dad. He has told me “oh don’t buy me any park tickets! I’ll just hang around the resort and hang out with whoever doesn’t want to be at the parks.” Which most days I think he’ll want to do but I’m really reluctant to not buy him tickets at all because of dumb APRs and potentially filled up parks if we wait until day of to make a decision. I still have my AP but we’ll have 10 day hoppers for the kids. Will be there 12 nights total and it just seems like a long time to not go to the parks at all.
I kind of just want to buy him a ticket so he can join us for in park dinners and the days his grandkids really want him along. But he says it’ll just be a waste of money. Thoughts? What would you do?