Reservation system is so messed up

weird. The only thing that I know that is different with mine is that one is booked using the On-Site bucket, the other using the AP bucket.

In January I was with a number of people with regular park tickets, and my biggest pet peeve was having to use two separate reservation systems that acted differently (the modify being case in point)

1 Like

Is modify for everyone or just AP folks? Iā€™ve never seen a modify option.

Only AP, and only for the amount that comes with each pass. If you book an onsite hotel to get more those cannot be modified. Itā€™s really dumb

2 Likes

Thank you amiga! I feel I need a spreadsheet to keep up with the changes now!

2 Likes

No kidding! Just seems so odd that the system is capable of doing but they donā€™t let everyone use it!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent question. I am glad they donā€™t restrict park hopping after 2 pm but it seems odd that you donā€™t need an second APR (I am not advocating for this at all).

3 Likes

We almost always stay onsite and I swear I have modified before. I just couldnā€™t find the modify option this time.

1 Like

The reason is they still have to know how many people total there will be. Disney knows the total number of people across all four parks with the APRs. They also know how many people potentially could hop. And, I am sure they have a handle as to which parks people tend to hop from and to. Often one person hopping from say MK to HS will be replaced by someone else hopping from EP to MK.

If they allow anyone to come after two without an APR, the numbers become completely unknown. Locals could end up flooding a park in the evening, and without an APR, Disney wouldnā€™t know they are coming.

So, it would actually be very unwise for them to allow APs entry without an APR after two.

Disney also canā€™t go by how many people are in the park at that time because Disney doesnā€™t know how many people may or may not have left, and even if they did, if they plan to return later.

1 Like

And Iā€™m annoyed again! Just heard a friend is in town this week and wanted to meet up at MK Friday. No parks available at all for me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

yesterday (or was it Sunday?) I grabbed EC for Friday b/c that was the only park available for our APs

1 Like

Keep checking. Iā€™ve grabbed APR after 3 or 5pm in the past. You live closer than I do too.

1 Like

All this being said, it still comes down that the reservation system is causing a huge negative effect, and it is felt worst for locals with annual passes.

For example, I have an annual pass which means I am banned from the parks this week every day but Thursday, where the only reservation is for EPCOT. Not what most people imagined when getting an annual pass.

btw: If I use one of my standard tickets, I can go to the parks, just not as an annual pass holder (I still have some days left on a ticket I purchased last century that do not expire)

2 Likes

I agree with this part, but not the part before. I think, overall, the APR system offers more benefits than negatives for the average guest. The exception is definitely for those with the AP! I just think Disney really doesnā€™t want to do APs any longerā€¦or, at least, not until they can resume full capacity.

1 Like

Iā€™ve rarely have a problem getting a park res, but I am booking way out in advance too. I miss spontaneity but if I want to use my AP I know I have to plan in advance and Iā€™m ok w/ that. I know Iā€™m getting my money out of my AP.

1 Like

Right. This is how those with an AP have to operate. Spontaneity is no longer a thing, whether you have an AP or not. But those with an AP will have to still plan ahead.

I should point out that while RIGHT NOW, if you go to UOR instead of WDW, you donā€™t have these problemsā€¦the fact is, it wonā€™t be long before crowds at UOR are going to grow to the point of running into the same kind of issues. A few years from now, I wonā€™t be surprised if UOR will either have to start restricting, or the place will be so crowded it will no longer be fun to go to!

4 Likes

I honestly have only had a few times (today being one of them) that I had real issues. We usually plan a week out or because we are local we just book a park that is available. Still annoying but Iā€™m also getting more than my moneys worth!

1 Like

I hope they donā€™t get rid of APs b/c then there would be NO reason to live in FL anymoreā€¦ not that I need another reason to move away, right now :face_with_monocle: (Iā€™m looking at you DeSantis :laughing:)

4 Likes

some UOR APs have EP after four and Iā€™m sure some AP holders/locals go after workā€¦ Iā€™ve been wondering w/ summer crowds how that will work?

1 Like

But with only 3 reservations available, you can not even book for the week. On top of that, I reserved May the 4th 2 months out (it filled at around 6 weeks out), so that left only 2 reservations for the week. There is no way to plan far in advance. If I go on a Monday, by the time that reservation frees up, the remainder of the week may no longer be available.

1 Like

oh I forgot about the different passes and their allowances. I am able to make 5 APRs on my AP. And right now I have 10 APRs b/c I have my old AP and new AP on my account so Iā€™m allowed to make APR for both passes w/in their use time i.e. one expires 5/11 and the other starts 5/12