Renting a double stroller - parent console?

We’ll probably rent a side-by-side double stroller this year. (Edited to add: We plan on the Mini GT Double, as DS is tall.) Both Kingdom Strollers and Orlando Stroller Rentals say that they can include a parent console, with Orlando Stroller Rentals specifying a Baby Jogger Parent Console. The Amazon description of the Baby Jogger console claims it fits doubles, but there are reviews that indicate it does not. Will the console provided with the rental fit on a side-by-side double, where the handle is so much wider than a single? Anyone have experience renting a double that can shed some light on this?

Fun fact: Since the baggage fees have gone up for Delta, it will cost us about the same amount to rent a double as it would to pack our double stroller in a suitcase and cart it down to FL. (I’m not comfortable rolling it thru the airport and gate checking it - the thing costs over $600 and they throw gate checked items around. At least if I pack it in a sturdy suitcase, I can make sure it’s well padded.)

I would contact Kingdom Stroller and ask. I post that because as a company they earned my loyalty a few years back with their actions to support a family.

1 Like

If you’re getting a Citi mini side by side double there is a bar that connects from the handle to between the seats. The parent console connects to the middle and one side. We have one at home and that’s how I hook ours on. That said, I personally won’t put drinks in it anymore like the packaging shows. Open containers are guaranteed to spill and bottles are sometimes too heavy and undo the Velcro. I use ours for sunglasses, suntan lotion, granola bars, etc.

1 Like

Agree with this that it is not very useful for drinks. We spilled ours a lot. :frowning:

1 Like

Can you buy a padded travel bag for your stroller? You can still check it for free with luggage that way. I’ve flown with an Uppababy Vista 5 times in the travel bag and it’s been fine. Many companies will guarantee the strollers against airline damage if you use their bag.

I always jam that bag with diapers, wipes and coats/snowpants (when we went to Switzerland) and nobody has ever opened the bag haha! Might be a good “extra bag” scam.

We rented a double City Mini from Orlando For Families and it came with a one - It stretched all the way across, it had one insulated holder that fit two standard water bottles, and two cup holders. It was very useful.

1 Like

We used Kingdom Strollers and both came with a parent console. There is a bar in the middle that the console attaches to. It is velcro so like others have mentioned it probably wouldn’t hold a ton of weight (bad pun intended). We rented 2 of the Summit Doubles and had a great experience. This picture may help and give you an idea of the setup.

3 Likes

We’re actually planning on the Mini GT Double. DS is tall as is DH. It looks like the GT doesn’t have the center bar. Maybe I’ll write Orlando Stroller Rentals (we lean towards them) and see what they say.

Thanks for the idea. I looked into the travel bags that would fit my double stroller when planning our trip last year, and even the expensive ones had mixed reviews and reports of folks having their strollers broken. It just makes me too nervous. I’ve never heard of the bag manufacturer guaranteeing the safety of the stroller - that’s interesting. If I could get that guarantee it might be worth investing in a bag if we were going to be traveling with the stroller with any frequency, but this might be the last time. DS is getting big and will soon outgrow the stroller; we’ll have to rent a special one for larger kids at that point if he still needs a stroller.

@GeneralOrgana, thanks for the pic! That really helped me to understand how it would attach to a Citi Mini double. And can I say, those are two adorable princesses accompanying you!

1 Like

I just looked through about 300 photos and that is the best shot I had of the console that came with our stroller from Kingdom Strollers… Can you zoom in on it?

2 Likes

Wow @qwerty6, thank you so much! That is very kind of you. Yes, I can zoom in. It looks pretty nice!

1 Like

Let’s see, look through hundreds of fun vacation photos, or do the dishes. I’d say you did me a favor. I wish it was a better picture. Sorry.

3 Likes

Happy to be of service! :wink:

1 Like